Valentines Day Hatch-A-Long 2016

Yeah, I agree with @FridayYet
, even if you have unplugged the turner its still a bad idea to leave it in. Firstly, it will be a mess to clean, plus once the chicks are out of the shells they may move the shells out of the holes, leaving holes for the chicks to get stuck in. Best to just lay the eggs on their sides on the floor of the bator.

The turner is off,my friend has hatched out numerous batches like this,and this is my second one doing it like this. Never had a problem.

You took the shell off? With so much membrane exposed you've got a high risk of it becoming dried out. if I ever assist, ! take the shell and membrane off together, a tiny bit at a time.

Watch it for a while.

You took the shell off?   With so much membrane exposed you've got a high risk of it becoming dried out. if I ever assist, ! take the shell and membrane off together, a tiny bit at a time.

Watch it for a while.

I removed a tiny piece that it had broken free with its pip, then I saw the membrane was looking fine and left it to it. The chick has hatched now.

The first that pipped,was noticed at 4am. It's now 9pm where i am. 17 hours. It's still peeping. How long is too long before it needs assistance? Only 3 have pipped, today they are due.set time was 3pm. They were all moving inside 3 days ago,seems like they are late for hatching,and worried none will come out.

Back
Top Bottom