Valentine's Day Hatch

It was negative 9 here this morning. I just went out to the coop to collect eggs (so they don't freeze - had 3 frozen/busted ones yesterday) so I can send for the swap and the only girls who are outside right now are the turkens! Goodness I love those girls.

The roo is outside with them, too. Probably grumbling to himself... the things he does for love.

images
I feel better about the 43 degrees I woke up to this am.

It was negative 9 here this morning. I just went out to the coop to collect eggs (so they don't freeze - had 3 frozen/busted ones yesterday) so I can send for the swap and the only girls who are outside right now are the turkens! Goodness I love those girls.

The roo is outside with them, too. Probably grumbling to himself... the things he does for love.

The cold is coming here too, Hopefully the seedling heat mats I put in the Iowa Blues nest box is sufficient to keep them from freezing until I get home
fl.gif
The girls enjoy them anyway.

It is a week to set date, right? My incubator looks so lonely. Wonder if I could incubate some spring seeds too. Get the tomatoes started with the chickies. lol, would make a fun experiment.
tongue.png

Here's a chic tease pic to get everyone ready to go. This is a little Salmon Faverolle that decided to hatch today instead of on Thursday
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
What a precious little chicklet
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Last edited:
I plan on setting a few eggs - the dozen I won from hot2pot for the caption contest (NYD hatch), plus I'll throw in some mutt eggs in the hopes of getting another NN chick. My NN chick from the NYD hatch is feathering awfully slowly and has pretty big feet. Grrr. :p

Back
Top Bottom