Valentine's Day Hatch

Ah Deb, that's Murphy's Law you'd need the whelping box just as soon as you turned it into something else.
wink.png

The little guy sure is a cutie.
love.gif
The pattern reminds me of my Boer goats. I have a little buckling who I though might have a black head when he was born but he dried off chocolate brown.
smile.png

Edit: Yes! 'Sheep Rodeo' milking vid would be great! I had 'Goat Rodeo' when I first tried milking my does so I can imagine the fun you had, my girls got their teats from the Boer side of the family, not the Dairy side!
lol.png

The same thing happened to me on another thread. I edited it, but the edit does not show (even though it does show in the editor).... Weird...

I'll try to get an updated picture posted tomorrow, just wanted you to know he is thriving. He's already able to jump out of the bathtub.

He takes down his bottle in one minute flat. This afternoon my DH took him outside to the pen with the new mothers. They sniffed him and gave him a lick, but no one was willing to nurse him. He didn't even try, just followed DH around the pen. I think he might already be imprinted on people. For you sheep/goat people out there, you'll know what I mean, he already does the tail spin when he's happy and nursing and does the "udder bump" against my arm.

Tonight, DH got on the scale to weigh himself in preparation to pick up the lamb and weigh him. He couldn't figure out why the scale wouldn't stabilize, then looked down to see the lamb standing on the scale with him and looking up at him. The result, he weighs 9.5 pounds, he's a BIG lamb.

We need to think of a name, so I don't have to keep calling him "the lamb".

Deb

I'll join ya'll for the Valentine's Day hatch.

Not sure I'll get 2 dozen eggs set, but I've already asked my friend BeccaOh for a dozen Silver Grey Dorking eggs from her flock for next week and she said sure! Good excuse to test fertility for her and gives me something to set to hatch for V-Day lol

Back
Top Bottom