Valentine's Day Hatch

I'm still at work for a few more, but boyfriend emailed me a picture of a box of eggs that he picked up for me this morning.
wee.gif

Got my dozen silkie eggs from Bargain + 2 bonus eggs!! Not 1 even cracked!!
celebrate.gif
My others are suppose to be delivered today from bikerchik!!! Getting very excited!! Started up our LG yesterday so we can try to get it stable, my R-com20 has silkie eggs in it now due to hatch Tuesday, so I have to start the VDH in the Lg unfortunately, then move them to the R-com. I hate I have to do it that way but
fl.gif
I'll still have a good hatch!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

It should work out pretty good Silkie Mom since they'll only be in the LG for a little while
fl.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
. I got my eggs from Sweet Nellie today - luckily
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
. Turns out they were just sitting at the post office since yesterday and they weren't even going to deliver them today but luckily I called the post office and the "wrong person" (right person) answered and said "Oh they are here let me catch your driver before he goes" I guess they were just going to let them sit until Monday. They didn't even bother to try to call yesterday and weren't even going to call today
th.gif
!!!! My My
idunno.gif
Sooooome People
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif

I'm really lucky I think. I live in small town Iowa and have a rural carrier. They never "hold at the Post Office" if asked, but my carrier goes out of his way to take care of boxes marked "eggs". I had some shipped to me a week ago when it was REALLY cold and he put the boxes inside the mudroom and covered them with rugs.
love.gif
When I ship eggs I go to the main PO in Cedar Rapids, and I always seem to get the same clerk who has chickens too. He always puts extra FRAGILE markings on my boxes. These guys must be the exception though.
roll.png

It should work out pretty good Silkie Mom since they'll only be in the LG for a little while
fl.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
. I got my eggs from Sweet Nellie today - luckily
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
. Turns out they were just sitting at the post office since yesterday and they weren't even going to deliver them today but luckily I called the post office and the "wrong person" (right person) answered and said "Oh they are here let me catch your driver before he goes" I guess they were just going to let them sit until Monday. They didn't even bother to try to call yesterday and weren't even going to call today
th.gif
!!!! My My
idunno.gif
Sooooome People
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
Melissa Rose, I'm sorry you had such bad service at the PO. Have you complained to your Postmaster? I would, for sure! Maybe we need to add "Please EXPEDITE" to the box! The PO is NOT supposed to do anything to delay the mail. Your Postmaster needs to know what's going on. I'm glad you got your eggs.

Last edited:
I checked the DC#'s and both boxes I shipped are due to arrive on Monday. That should give a nice 24 hour rest before they are set on Tuesday. All the eggs I sent were gathered Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with at least half laid Friday.

Today is hatch day for my Bad Azz silkie eggs. 15 out of 17 made it to lockdown. So far one of my homegrown partridge silkies hatched and I have a couple Bad Azz pips. I'm really excited about these babies.

This hatch is going to be a mixed bag for me. I decided to experiment with some Trader Joe eggs & the local health food store, so I'm not really expecting a very good hatch rate. I also decided to save any EE & campine eggs I get for the ten days before the set time. I only have one of each laying so that seriously cuts down on the number. I figured that ten days was the oldest I wanted to try, once again cutting back on my hatch rate.

Anyway, I will admit to being a little OCD, but I swear I have just been saving these in my turner in the order they were laid (but I do quite like the checkerboard pattern).

Deb

Back
Top Bottom