Valentine's Day Hatch

$2? Seriously???
th.gif
I want some! I'd pay that much per egg here.
lol.png
You got a bargain, can't wait to see the chicklets.
big_smile.png

I know!!!! I kept figuring that someone would bid me up...

Lovely looking roo in that eBay ad, too bad the owner labeled him as something he is not. We sell all of our EE eggs at $1.00 each for hatching.

We have call ducks, Sebastopol geese, and various chickens due for Valentines day.

I thought he was pretty too. Honestly, the ad made me smile, and I love colorful mutts. I hope I get the eggs today.

Sorry I have been absent. I usually post on BYC from my phone, but my phone doesn't like the new BYC. I did down load Opera Mini but that doesn't always let me post. I read everything though.

My phone hates it too.  I don't even bother when I am not at a computer.  I get too frustrated!

Mine too!! I get furious trying to use it on a phone. By the time I get home and have to fight 2 teenagers for the computer I am ready to scream!!

I thought he was pretty too. Honestly, the ad made me smile, and I love colorful mutts. I hope I get the eggs today.

Well I got the eggs. 5 broken,
sad.png
12 look good. I am going to wash them to get any yolk off of them. Sigh..... If anyone is interested in the packing job here it is. a nest of newspaper, each egg wrapped in 1 layer of small bubble, bubble wrap, and then newspaper packed around the eggs.

I think the eggs banged into each other causing the breakages, because the box looked pretty good.

I had to wax an egg.
he.gif

I did a quick candle of the OEGB eggs last night and found one with quite a big crack but no leaking. The embryo looks okay so far, I'm not sure how it happened or when.

I dropped a LCO egg when I was setting them last week. I was horrified! Only 5 eggs sent so to lose 20% of the batch before the even get started! UGH! It hit the turner and fortunately it didn't fall far. It wasn't very damaged so I decided to tape it. I used strong shipping tape. I haven't used candle wax but a friend suggested using tape instead. I will keep a close eye on it, it's too early to candle.

I dropped a LCO egg when I was setting them last week. I was horrified! Only 5 eggs sent so to lose 20% of the batch before the even get started! UGH! It hit the turner and fortunately it didn't fall far. It wasn't very damaged so I decided to tape it. I used strong shipping tape. I haven't used candle wax but a friend suggested using tape instead. I will keep a close eye on it, it's too early to candle.
Hmm, tape is a good idea, I suppose the humidity might make it fall off, but I think when I used the candle wax it cooked that part of the egg on the one I waxed... thanks! I know some use SuperGlue, too.

My second set of swap eggs have been in Maine since yesterday but nothing at the PO and nothing on tracking.

I, too, am frustrated by the mobile BYC. I used to check the threads all day covertly and quickly on my phone, can't do that anymore. I'm also having issues on my regular computer where it won't jump to the newest post, and some threads I'm subscribed too aren't sending me emails, but only sometimes, I get the updates most of the time.

No idea what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom