Valentine's Day Hatch

I will be setting late. The semester was over 2 weeks ago and now I have a student decide to come in and finish late work. Missing 13+ days out of 45 makes it kind of hard to pass.

Come on 4:00

Quote:
Not a problem, just don't be so hard on yourself. I'm a mother!

Deb
Oops? haha, I kinda do that a lot... well, I wish you lotsa luck with you car-a-bator~ it's preeetty neat. Wonder how al that movement, altitude and temperature changes will affect your hatch. Hopefully not much, since you have a reaally amzing incubator. You had the best NYD hatch, if I remember correctly. If I ever get a job and earn some money, the first thing I'm gonna do is but a really flippin' good thermostat for my plywood HM incubator. Yup~ maybe them my hatch rates'll be better~ out of my 32 GHD eggs at the most 25 are good. :) Couple duds and a couple early quitters. But I think that's relatively normal. Today's day 10 for them, and I think my White leghorn eggs are the coolest so far~ my other eggs are too dark to see through. :/ wonder what that's about.

Well I put mine in exactly at 4! Took a pic in case I need proof...lol Come on 100% hatch rate! OK question Dear Mrheinz77 if more than one person has the exact highest hatch rate who wins? Just askin. At any rate I'm done settin my eggs now the pacing begins!
jumpy.gif

Okay, an hour and 15 minutes to go until set time.

I'm ending up setting 21 of my own eggs, I was saving them for 10 days, but in the last three days I had another campine start laying. I know they're her first eggs, but they're even bigger than the ones I hatched before.

So my set is -
12 campines
9 EE
12 free range from the health food store
12 fertile from Trader Joe's

I know you didn't have to post a picture of your set, but I think they are lovely (yes, I'm OCD). I'll go and signup. Thanks!!! I can't wait.

Deb

The horrible morning that I had (ice everywhere, slid down the driveway with chicken food in hand, had to army crawl back to the garage, ruined work clothes, discovered upon entering my closet that what I was wearing was my last fitting clean pair of work pants... then sliding down the driveway sideways in my car... then having to do a Performance Improvement Plan for someone) is more than made up for: I GOT MY LAST SET OF SWAP EGGS TODAY!

Thank you, FarmerChef!

And I have my eggs set, right next to my laptop for ultimate egg stalking activities.

Look at those gorgeous eggs! :D Come on 21 days!

Oh, and the week 1 contest is officially started, the Celeb-Look Alike Contest. It's in honor of Judge Judy Turken. If you haven't seen her, you must do a search at the top and find her. It's worth it.

Well I put mine in exactly at 4! Took a pic in case I need proof...lol Come on 100% hatch rate! OK question Dear Mrheinz77 if more than one person has the exact highest hatch rate who wins? Just askin. At any rate I'm done settin my eggs now the pacing begins!:jumpy

Hatch rate will be based on percentage hatched so I'm hoping nobody has the same percentage. I wish we all had 100% hatches though. If by some chance we have 2 with the same percent we'll have 2 winners.

Anybody that set early or late and wants in can join for the hatch rate contest if others don't mind.

Also, I don't remember who asked about joining from London, but that is fine with me. The more the merrier. :)

I will do my sign up when my last eggs get here and I see what I have!! If I have enough..I dropped and broke one today from Eagle
hit.gif
so I set those 5 EE,6 self blues,and 2 amers so far...I need eggs!lol May add some of my layer mix just so I can enter hatch!

I set 36
celebrate.gif
Stacking queen is at it again!! My other bator is in lockdown, so until it is available we will be double stacked. I have 1 dozen marans, 1 dozen ameraucanas, and the swap eggs.
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom