Valentine's Day Hatch

The horrible morning that I had (ice everywhere, slid down the driveway with chicken food in hand, had to army crawl back to the garage, ruined work clothes, discovered upon entering my closet that what I was wearing was my last fitting clean pair of work pants... then sliding down the driveway sideways in my car... then having to do a Performance Improvement Plan for someone) is more than made up for: I GOT MY LAST SET OF SWAP EGGS TODAY!

th.gif
Wow! and I thought our rain storm was exciting. You win.

Got 8 eggs set! Woot!

There sure are a lot of contests!! Time to dust the camera off!

Last edited:
I have the sign up sheet so we all know who is participating and how many eggs are being set. If you are participating, please complete the form with your BYC user name and the number of eggs set. I will edit how many hatched when we have peeps.

Click on the link to sign up.
yippiechickie.gif
If you make a mistake, resubmit and I will delete your original submission. If you are setting quail eggs, you can fill this out when you set them.

View Results

Hi Jim,

The Sign Up link wouldn't work for me. I set 28 eggs tonight at 9pm Pacific time. 24 swap eggs plus 4 of my homegrown silkie eggs.

I had more eggs ordered but thanks to Mother Nature they won't be here for a couple/few more days. Just as well I suppose, at least I'll have room in the bators. Tonight I put 9 Lav Am's and 11 silkie eggs on lockdown. By the time they are hatched, I'll set the new eggs that are coming.

Julie

Looks like the OEGB that had a cracked shell has died. The veins are gone and the blood has pooled along the edge of the yolk forming a ring. I'm guessing it died sometime yesterday, the other two are a little bigger and very active.
I'm guessing bacteria got into the egg via the crack.
hmm.png

I'll be setting my eggs late. Just got a call that my eggs are finally here but I won't be able to pick them up until early tomorrow morning. :(

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Can't believe I somehow missed this thread! I set 13 golden laced standard cochins due on Valentine's Day!! Excited about this thread!! Had a ball with our Christmas hatch!!!

I have had a hard time keeping up with byc since the change over. Probably not on the spread sheet, I just tried and it was closed. Any way I have 40+ eggs set a bit early, but the power was off for three hours so I have no idea when/ if they will hatch.
Seems a shame to spend hours putting up auctions that you can't repost because of confusion . Then few bids...seems like everyone is looking at the archives. What is up with that? I wonder if people are buying elsewhere or if it is just the time of year?

I just did my spreadsheet sign up! I set 5EE,6 OEGB,2 Amers,3 button quail(friday)and 17 cortunix(will friday) for the hatch contest
fl.gif

And THANKS Shelly ...I love the quail eggs and THANKS Jim for pairing me to her!!
wee.gif

You would think at my age I would be past the childlike excitement!! NOT!!

I have had a hard time keeping up with byc since the change over. Probably not on the spread sheet, I just tried and it was closed. Any way I have 40+ eggs set a bit early, but the power was off for three hours so I have no idea when/ if they will hatch.
Seems a shame to spend hours putting up auctions that you can't repost because of confusion . Then few bids...seems like everyone is looking at the archives. What is up with that? I wonder if people are buying elsewhere or if it is just the time of year?

There is a FB page called PoultryBid. They are still working on it but you can post an auction as an event. When an event/auction has been opened, an invitation is automatically sent out to the members of the list.

Back
Top Bottom