Valentine's Day Hatch

clap.gif
The little red hen got one vote... and it wasn't me, so I'm stoked! Hope I didn't sound whiney, that wasn't my goal... but that was this morning and I can't recall what my goal was way back then.
hu.gif

oooohhh, Teaser pictures! Sweet!

Ok, I'm calling it.

The Chicken-Celeb Look Alike Contest:

MelissaRose, Miss Clara won. You have won a coupon for saving money on 6 bags of Purina poultry feed. Please PM me your address cause the coupon expires in a month.

9catz, you won second place, please also PM me your address - I got another coupon a few days ago, same expiration date, I'll send that to you.

Thanks everyone for participating, and for the laughs!

I'm going to have to give Miss Clara a Party Snack for winning
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
Perhaps a nice bowl of cranberry juice
love.gif
hugs.gif
She loves that then a little quality time on her swing
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif

I have Nates Orpingtons - buff hatching today
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
And Deb's beautiful Buff Brahmas
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
!!! My Quail eggs are not doing anything though and they were supposed to hatch on Thursday. I have to go back and read the quail incubating posts more closely and see if I can guess what went wrong! I have a problem with my natural humidity being too high for chicklet eggs so I thought I had my bases covered on the quail since they need a higher humidity but I think they may have needed even more than I gave them. I kept it at 50% during incubation but.....
love.gif
hugs.gif

Hopefully I wil have a teaser pic tomorrow, I have 1/3 eggs pipped, hoping I willl have a chick when I get home in the morning. I have to work tonite, Yay ;) . It always seems like I get called to work the overnight bake the days I have eggs hatching. :rolleyes:

I will also be setting 3 dozen eggs then too, ;)

I've been lurking on this thread since the end of the New Year's Hatch....gotta get my fuzzy butt fix watching everyone else until our weather gets a bit warmer!!
wink.png
Don't forget to join the 3rd Annual Easter Hatchalong when you're done here!!
I showed the DH the celebrity look-alikes and he laughed out loud at MRs Phyllis D. He also said no one should ever compare a chicken pic to Moe Howard..it's sacrilage to make-fun of or say anything bad about the Three Stooges to him!!
lol.png

The caption entries are very good! Thanks for the link for adding captions!
I have yet to see anyone post a "Rooster Courting" picture for that contest. I was sitting out in the cold this week so I could get one......it is way harder than a crowing or flapper pic!!!! Maybe if I post mine, everyone else will join in!
Like I said, you have to be very quick with the shutter finger....here's the only one I got that you can see the wing down and flared in.....many were too late for "the dance" and were DQ'd for mature content!!
lol.png

AWESOME! Finally a pic for my contest!
yesss.gif

I've been lurking on this thread since the end of the New Year's Hatch....gotta get my fuzzy butt fix watching everyone else until our weather gets a bit warmer!!
wink.png
Don't forget to join the 3rd Annual Easter Hatchalong when you're done here!!
I showed the DH the celebrity look-alikes and he laughed out loud at MRs Phyllis D. He also said no one should ever compare a chicken pic to Moe Howard..it's sacrilage to make-fun of or say anything bad about the Three Stooges to him!!
lol.png

The caption entries are very good! Thanks for the link for adding captions!
I have yet to see anyone post a "Rooster Courting" picture for that contest. I was sitting out in the cold this week so I could get one......it is way harder than a crowing or flapper pic!!!! Maybe if I post mine, everyone else will join in!
Like I said, you have to be very quick with the shutter finger....here's the only one I got that you can see the wing down and flared in.....many were too late for "the dance" and were DQ'd for mature content!!
lol.png

Well done! It's been too hot here for much dancing, the big guys are just wandering around. Amusingly the little Silkie roo is probably my best chance, he sometimes dances for me when I open the pen door. :lol:

Mind you, I'm not always sure if it's an 'I like you' dance or a 'get away from my ladies or else' dance but he's always been a good boy. :)

smile.png
The best thing about that pic is the lack of snow and the greening of the grass!! I know you two, anderson and RBF, are among the groups of "not much winter weather" and "other side of the equator, so it's summertime", but those of us "up north" are enjoying our mild winter quite a bit..........and that includes the Icelandic cockerels!!

I hope my picture will spark others to post theirs!!!

Back
Top Bottom