Valentine's Day Hatch

my haiku:

my nightly hobby
watching these chicks hatch from eggs
waiting pip to zip

my husbands haiku: (in response to mine)

you are super lame
with your stupid chicken stuff
but i still love you

roll.png

Sorry I've been absent from this group as well.  I'm in a time warp, trying to learn the new system and having to spend an hour each auction posting, and computers crashing...And then have had bacterial pneumonia since early Dec. even went out of state for cure/analysis but unfortunately came home with it... .Just too much!!!  I'm going to candle tomorrow hopefully all is progressing well, We're getting close!!!!!!  

Looks like early spring down here, but some poor fruit trees and bushes may suffer terribly with upcoming freeze this weekend... Well happy hatching to all.  Have a wonderful weekend and Valentine's day........

Feel better Nancy

Jim, 1 olive egg and 1 Am hatched a few hours ago :weee
Waiting on the Wellies, it's only day 19 so the aforementioned chicks are just over achievers.

What color are they? If I had to guess I'd say Black OE and Blue Ameraucana. I hope they're pullets.

Your guess would be right on the OE and probably right on the Am, but I've never hatched a blue chick before so I can't really say as yet.  They are darned cute though!!!

The Ameraucana will only be Black or Blue since I have a black cockerel over 2 Splash pullets and a blue pullet. The OE looks like a Welsummer but is covered by the Black Ameraucana cockerel. The OE that I hatched was also black.

The Ameraucana will only be Black or Blue since I have a black cockerel over 2 Splash pullets and a blue pullet. The OE looks like a Welsummer but is covered by the Black Ameraucana cockerel. The OE that I hatched was also black.

I'll post a pic in the morning when they are dry. The Am has a dark, but silvery look, with white wing tips and neck, does that sound right for blue?

Back
Top Bottom