Valentine's Day Hatch

I want to submit a courting rooster pic....I have one kinda iffy pic of him doing the wing down thing which is what evryone is submitting....but I also have a pic of him doing what I call raptor nect right when he begins to puff up.neck arched kinda pic..with one foot up....which one should I use? OR do you have to do the wing dip thing?

The wing dip is their form of courting. Puffing up the neck isn't actually part of the courting process.

Courting includes spanning one wing, tilting the body, and making a shuffled, skittering type of walk.

Well since we're talking ameraucana colors.. granted mine didn't come from mrheinz but maybe someone will be able to tell. All three of them look the same.
Back and face

Face and belly
That's no recognized Ameraucana color, looks like an Easter Egger to me. Still, very cute! The color might be a columbian restricted duckwing, might be a laced x something else, might be a partridge base, who knows. Looks like a typical duckwing based EE color though, which, depends on parents.

Today
smile.png

I've locked down my eggs, 34, but I think one of those was a quitter. I kills my DH for me to pull out eggs, so he convinced me to leave it in. I left it since there was no odor.

Those health food store eggs shot the heck out of my hatch rate and Trader Joe eggs put in a serious dent.

Deb

Yeah unless they actually say fertile eggs, yoJur chances are really really low for getting anything. But even then, Trader Joe's, I'm sure they don't actually sell and store them properly for the eggs to have much chance left of developing. Being that any egg must be well washed to be sold for consumption off private land.

Just put mine in lockdown!!

Back
Top Bottom