Valentine's Day Hatch

she needs some camo and a rifle.
lau.gif

Haha lol
gig.gif

I have one tiny little microscopic pip. I like with brown eggs, you can see the tiny speck of white. On my first hatch when I saw that, I assumed I hadn't noticed a flaw in the shell. As they all started to hatch, I realized that was the earliest sign of a pip with a brown egg, at least in my limited experience.

Yay!

Of course, the first time around that didn't even turn out to be the first chick hatched.

Deb

OMG, I just went in to check on my bator and I have a chick pipped and zipping about to hatch!!!
ya.gif
I just went in lockdown yesterday around noon!!! I'm so excited!! Now he/she out!!!
celebrate.gif

I have pips too....even though my incubator got to 106.5 degrees a few days ago I don't think it had that much of an effect on the eggs. I think I caught it pretty quick.

So far in the voting for the mini-video the entries are neck and neck. Please PM me with your vote. There are only 4 entries of less than 30 seconds each so it'll only take you a few minutes to watch them all.

You can watch the entries HERE.

Did you get an extra egg? Maybe they tossed in a cochin egg.

Yep, I emailed the seller and they said they usually put in an extra of another kind. This one is a blue Cochin with a 50% chance of being a frizzle. That could be fun! I have a bunch of nice Cochin hens - I kinda hope this one's a cockerel! I think he looks like a pretty good bird.

No pips or peeps here yet. I don't think I'll get activity til tomorrow though. Today is day 19, but when I break it down to hours, today's still day 18. Late tonight is day 19.

I've got a good pip in one of the campine eggs and I've seen it rock. I "thought" I saw one of the EE eggs rock, but no visible pips yet.

This time I'm trying to hatch in egg cartons instead of letting the eggs play pool in the hatcher. This whole hatch was one big experiment.

Deb

edit - fix my nitwit typo

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom