Valentine's Day Hatch

Yesterday the newest member of our family (puppy) decided to taste the electrical cord going to the computer I normally use. Sigh. It's gonna take a week for the new power cord to arrive. Sure do hope puppy got a jolt of strong juice so he never tries that again!

Pips??? We have pips all ready????
wee.gif
Hey wait! I do too!!! Just looked in my incubator and there is a hole in an egg!!
ep.gif
Oh NO! The brooder box isn't ready!!
barnie.gif
Get the duct tape!

That cochin is adorable!
love.gif

I have a chick! :celebrate I had gotten my hova bator back, and was going to plug it in, so it can heat up, and add water, when my mom said that she hears something peeping. I quickly looked in the LG, and saw that the mutt egg had zipped part way, but it had the worst case of shrink wrap and stickiness I have ever seen. The humidity was about 20 percent. I had to help the chick out, and got the hova fired up, and water added. It was at 97 degrees with 87 percent humidity within minutes! :woot Then moved the chick and 3 Tomaru eggs in the hova. As I was moving the Tomaru eggs, I felt one tapping the shell! :ya

I am up to 6 project chocolate Ameracauna chicks hatched, with 5 more eggs to go, and 4 of those eggs are pipped!!!!

wee.gif

Last edited:
I tossed 7 eggs at lockdown yesterday..4 chicken with stalled or no developement and 3 stinky(1 leaking) quail...still can only see in a couple of the lighter spotted quail eggs!
fl.gif
I havent even went and looked for pips!!

why oh why are those babies pipping ow don't they know this is the VALENTINES DAY hatch??? silly babies...mine are all Quiet as mice....nothing happening. After a bunch of noisy peeping little EmVicory's Silkies hatching over thelast two days...and then Hot2Pots babies hatching all over the place like pop corn seems weird for one bator to be sitting there eggs in lockdown all quiet...GOD PLEASE I NEED IB and BR's!!!!
fl.gif

I'm up to 7 chicks, 6 project Ameracaunas and 1 Bantam Wellie. plus I have 4 more project Ameracauna's pipping!!

Gee you guys are early
smile.png
Still nothing over here. . . No peeps, no pips. I'm expecting to wake up at night hearing a few peeps though. I usually have pips by day 20, sometimes one or two chicks out, but, rarely anything any earlier.

These are two of my 6 Ameracauna hatchlings! (these were actually due yesterday!) These are project chocolate Ameracaunas. Chick on the left is black, the chick on the right is a chocolate pullet!

Back
Top Bottom