Valentine's Day Hatch

I love how they "encourage" each other with their peeping! C'mon chicks!
yippiechickie.gif

Yah one reason not to worry as much about a chick rolling around the other eggs.. My first outs usually go sit on top of the pipped and zipping eggs and tell them to GET OUT! :)

My final count for the Valentines Day hatch was 8. I also had 3 hatch from eggs I set the next day. Mine were late due to loss of temp in my incubator. I just took the last of them out of the hatcher this morning.

Of those that hatched, 6 were from SCG. All hatched black (with other markings) except for 1 blonde. It will be interesting to see how they all feather out.

Here's my entry for "It's All in the Numers" contest although it is shy by 4 fuzzies.

Not 28, but my final tally is 24.

6 NN wannabes
2 BBS wyandottes
1 Black Australorp
15 silkies

Well, my hatch is done. Got 28 chicks of 30 that were put in lockdown.

And here's a little photo overview. . .

The box of 'em all! The green stuff is alfalfa bedding. In the box are Easter Eggers, Polish, and an Araucana.

First up, here's a trio of Mottled Polish. Notice one has five toes, that's from Houdan grandparentage.

This one in particular is very nice.

This is why - Check out that head!

Here's a trio of "chocolates," on the left is a Tolbunt split Polish (basically gold laced) in the middle back is an Easter Egger who's half Polish, half Buff Ameraucana, and on the right is an Easter Egger who is quarter Houdan, quarter Polish, half Buff Ameraucana. S/he has five toes on each foot and a marvelous light brownish red color.

The split colored Polish, asleep in my hand.

Easter Egger chick's head in detail. This one will mature to be crested, beard/muffed, and have partial lacing.

A trio of Tolbunt Polish

A single Tolbunt Polish chick cheeping.

Trying to handle a bunch of Tolbunts.

So ADORABLE! I really wish I could afford some of your eggs right now, I would be all over them!!!!!

Do you have a website you can send me to on the down colors for markings?

I ended up with a pretty poor hatch in my book.. ended up with just 9 out of all the eggs I started with.. but on the high note.. got one Iowa Jim.. another pipped on the wrong end and didn't make it..
hit.gif

Next back of eggs is due Sunday..
fl.gif

Shelly

My final count for the Valentines Day hatch was 8. I also had 3 hatch from eggs I set the next day. Mine were late due to loss of temp in my incubator. I just took the last of them out of the hatcher this morning.

Of those that hatched, 6 were from SCG. All hatched black (with other markings) except for 1 blonde. It will be interesting to see how they all feather out.

Wahoo! More grandchicks. I'm glad you got some to hatch. Daddy is a black EE so I'm not surprised all the chicks are black. Everything I hatched from him here was dark, too, regardless of who the mom was.

hey! sorry I came over so LATE...I put in 7 eggs, they DID hatch on Valentines Day. The first one about 12:55 a.m. I named Miracle, it's the first incubated egg in my personal history. Im so proud of it. Here he/she is:

One egg wasn't fertile and was tossed about day 7.
One fully developed but died at some point late in the process.
I accidently killed one. That left me with 4 babies. Miracle above.
And these three, Blessing:

Rapture:

and Victory:

Back
Top Bottom