Valentine's Day Hatch

Congrats to all!
clap.gif

Thanks!

Yeah, those health food store cage-free eggs are what shot me in the foot. Eleven eggs clear, not even fertile. But the one little chick hatched, that's why I named her Miracle. Obviously a marans or marans cross. Someone came on Saturday and bought every chick I was willing to sell, she got to stay. Hopefully she continues to be the she I keep referring to.
wink.png

We had fun taking the eggs on vacation, of course we did have to take turns at the rest areas so the engine could keep running. I didn't want the "hen" to get off the nest too many times.

Do we have the official call on the All In The Numbers & Poem/Story contests? I so enjoyed this hatch and all the competitions. I think I entered everything I could.

Thanks again for your efforts to run it all.

Deb

Congratulations on All the beauteous chicklets Everyone
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
bun.gif
thumbsup.gif
The contests were really fun and I still need to get some chic pics of Jim's beauteous Iowa Blues! 6 are black and 1 is kind of a chipmunk brown striped
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
!!! Nellies are gorgeous as well
hugs.gif
love.gif
!!! I have been really busy getting things ready for spring and getting my NPIP # issued! My sweety bought me some polycarbonate roofing for my run and we had an electrician hook up the electric to it
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

This was the first big hatch-along I've done........now I'm hooked
droolin.gif
Great job everybody!
clap.gif
congrats to the great hatch rates
jumpy.gif
This was lots of fun
wee.gif
In a while I'l have to start getting ready for the easter hatch along........these hatch alongs just get bigger and bigger, lol Incubating might be one of those compulsive disorders like hoarding......maybe worse....
hide.gif

Drum Roll Please.....

highfive.gif

And the winner of our hatch rate contest is.....

SuperChemicalGirl with a hatch rate of 67.74%. She set 31 eggs and had 21 hatch.

Contact me with your choice of eggs and when you would like them. Some breeds are booked already for the Easter hatch.

Second place was Illia with a hatch rate of 66.67% with 28 of 42 hatched.

Third place was debs_flock with a hatch rate of 64.44% with 29 of 45 hatched. (This is amazing with all of the store bought eggs that she had in the incubator as well as taking the eggs on vacation with her.

Congratulations and THANKS to all. This was quite a bit of fun. Maybe we can do it again next year.
yippiechickie.gif

Wow! Thanks, Jim. The last thing I need is more chickens, but needs are different than wants, aren't they? They'll hatch nicely for the Easter Hatch!

Thanks again for running this hatch and the swap, I'd certainly join next year if you ran it again.

Thanks!

Yeah, those health food store cage-free eggs are what shot me in the foot. Eleven eggs clear, not even fertile. But the one little chick hatched, that's why I named her Miracle. Obviously a marans or marans cross. Someone came on Saturday and bought every chick I was willing to sell, she got to stay. Hopefully she continues to be the she I keep referring to.
wink.png

We had fun taking the eggs on vacation, of course we did have to take turns at the rest areas so the engine could keep running. I didn't want the "hen" to get off the nest too many times.

Do we have the official call on the All In The Numbers & Poem/Story contests? I so enjoyed this hatch and all the competitions. I think I entered everything I could.

Thanks again for your efforts to run it all.

Deb
I sponsored the "It's in the numbers" contest but sadly wasn't able to keep up with everyone. I will gladly award the prize if we can discover a winner..
Shelly

Back
Top Bottom