Valentine's Day Hatch

um, I thought I read something somewhere about a St Patrick's Day hatch? I just came into a pile of eggs and I think they would make it on St Patty's day. Anyone know what I am talking about?

ps.... um.... poetry contest results???

I am doing one, me and Bhep swapped green eggs, and I got more from the egg swaps, EEs and turken EEs. I will also be setting a few of my green eggs, Chicken eggs need to be set tomorrow.

I checked with TuthillNY and she is still sponsoring the Story contest. She has been ill for the last month and is trying to catch up on the thread. She tires very easily. If anybody wanted to gather the stories together and put them on a single page, it might make things easier.

Get better TuthillNY

I'm just checking to see if other prizes have been sent yet? SCG is getting her eggs from me for the Easter Hatch. Could all sponsors let me know the status of their prize, please.

I awarded mine.
big_smile.png

I'm just checking to see if other prizes have been sent yet? SCG is getting her eggs from me for the Easter Hatch. Could all sponsors let me know the status of their prize, please.

Is anyone working on this? I can do it. I'll post them on the Rooster page... plenty of room!!!! Besides, I can't breathe well enough to teach, acute bronchitis.

edit: I found 4 poetry entries, didn't find any stories, I cut and pasted them onto the courting rooster page here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/2012-courting-rooster-contest

I'll PM tuthillny with the link.

If I missed someone's entry please PM me!!!
I checked with TuthillNY and she is still sponsoring the Story contest. She has been ill for the last month and is trying to catch up on the thread. She tires very easily. If anybody wanted to gather the stories together and put them on a single page, it might make things easier.

Get better TuthillNY

Last edited:
are you kidding me? i didnt even think that was possible. my christmas hatch chicks arent even crowing yet. do you have a picture?

It's not a rooster crow, but a baby cockerel attempt to crow. I heard the noise the first time at 15 days old. Yesterday, 16 days old I stood and watched. I saw him get up on tiptoe and try. I was so surprised I kept watching and a few seconds later he did it again.

I'll see if I can catch it on video, it's pretty funny.

They must be quite the hormonal little things. The combs on the boys have already been obvious for days.

Deb

I awarded mine.
big_smile.png

Is anyone working on this? I can do it. I'll post them on the Rooster page... plenty of room!!!! Besides, I can't breathe well enough to teach, acute bronchitis.

edit: I found 4 poetry entries, didn't find any stories, I cut and pasted them onto the courting rooster page here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/2012-courting-rooster-contest

I'll PM tuthillny with the link.

If I missed someone's entry please PM me!!!

Thanks for putting those together, there were a lot of pages. And I hope you feel better soon!

Deb

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom