Vent Sexing Questions?

I tried it once on dicks when i was younger

I'm almost positive you meant ducks.... but you put a smile on my face for the day...
gig.gif

Last edited:
Oh duh, caponizing. Thaaat would explain it!

What are you looking for? I have a chick that fits the bill age wise and I'm thinking of taking a peek. I do ducks, so I don't think I'll hurt it but now I'm curious.
Do cockeral chicks have a penile apendage like duck drakes do?

I am totally blushing over here....
hide.gif

You could only get away with this language on BYC. If you would talk to anyone else like this.... well you might get called crazy.

Quote:
I don't have any experience with ducks at all. (I typed that very slowly to keep everyone out of the gutter!)

Acording to the book you are looking for a bump. What makes it more difficult is that females can have the bump also. Typically it is smaller or almost non existant.

The procedure looks simple enough. You start by holding the chick upside down with its legs between your pointer and middle finger of your left hand. Then with your left thumb you apply preasure between your pointer finger and the vent. This will make the chick poo!
Then (still keeping preasure with your left thumb) you apply preasure on the left and right of the vent with your thumb and pointer finger of your right hand. This is when you are to look for the "goods". They should be located on the chicks head side of the vent on center.

Back
Top Bottom