Vermont

FunnyBird

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 26, 2010
Well here is my first post on this lovely forum.
thumbsup.gif

I am about to get my first fertile eggs to incubate! This is the first time I will have had chickens since I was a kid.

I went Agway today to get some live chicks as well, but it turns out they didn't have any (even though yesterday on the phone they said they did
he.gif
). Needless to say my little kids are sad.
hit.gif

If anyone is in southern Vermont near Bratt and has any young
jumpy.gif
's for sale let me know. I am looking for some RI Reds or any other good layers.

Talk to you all later!
wee.gif

[quote name="jrfromnh"
Hi Do you have chicks available?
If so, where are you in VT?  I am in Williston.

How many chicks are you looking for? I have a couple 2 week old sex links that i could probably sell you. (After checking with my hubby) :)
i live in Milton.

I am new to this, so help me out....
What kind of eggs do they lay?
I have 4 silkies and I have found out that their eggs are small :( oh well they are still super cute.
My coop is small so could I get 2 from you?
I am going to free range them so I don't think the coop is that big of a deal right this second.
Let me know.
Do you have any pictures of them full grown?

Just figured out what sex links are! Yes 2 of them would be awesome if your hubby lets you sell them.
Let me know! Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Julie F.

Sorry for taking so long. My husband and son were taken wuth sickness. Also my husband wants to keep all 6 of our birds. He was over whelmed by getting 6 instead of the planned 3. But i guess chicken math got ahold of him!!!! Sorry
Here is an ad from the islands:
ayer Hens for sale

Rhode Island Reds,Leghorns,Browns and Black Australorps (limited numbers by breed type)

1 yr old laying hens (started laying Fall 2011). $16 (prime laying hens just started laying large eggs!!!!) -Leghorns and Australorps 2 yr old laying hens (started laying fall 2010). $9 (Great value for an slightly older bird with several years left to lay eggs) - RI Reds,Leghorns and Browns 3+ yr old hens $6 (I still lay great eggs,but I might look a bit ragged...) Leghorns and Browns

We are thinning our flock down from 60 hens to 45. I will include a rooster at no charge for orders of 6 birds or more.

All birds are seperated for a day to ensure laying quality eggs for you.

We also have raw Fleece,Roving,Yarn and pelts for sale now and lambs for sale in the fall. Ask for prices.

Thx John and Penny 3 Sheeps to the wind farm LLC 802-372-5279
hope you find some!

The Vermont thread is really quiet - considering so many here have chickens AND that many are very serious about breeding quality and Northern hardy flocks.

Right now I have a total mix - but I will be concentrating on Marans and Millie D'Uccles.

This rainy weather is depressing - the teen chicks are huddled under a tarp laid over their outside run :(

Anyone else have Millies ? I would like to trade roosters so I don't inbreed.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I am selling my bator. It's a hovabator genesis 1588 with turner. Used for 4 hatches. Is cleaned and disinfected. Can include a dozen hatching eggs if interested. $150

Back
Top Bottom