Vermont

Pics
Orps having a henfest on the coop gate just yesterday...

chx.PNG

Here is my only roo now as my gorgeous blue copper Marans passed a month ago. He was in the new coop which seems to be a bit colder and I think his comb frostbite gave him some blood infection. The whole thing turned gray in no time and he was gone in 2 days. I will have to adjust coop before next winter for my proud combed birds. So this is what I have. No blue marans but a fine BCM who will also lose some points thanks to the NE weather edit: he doesn’t have a halo. Light plays tricks.
BEAE0745-6298-474F-8275-AAFA2EF3C870.jpeg
9F8FE281-6E48-4B7C-8C67-2D7FFC0A5537.jpeg

Awesome. Thank you so much! I'm in Lamoille, but would be willing to travel a reasonable distance.

Well bad news, she doesn't have any :( But I'm sure you could find some, do you ever go to any of the swaps the Vermont Bird Fanciers Club puts on?

That's a bummer, but no worries. I'll definitely find some. Regarding, VT Bird Fanciers, I haven't had the best experience with that group. I'd prefer to avoid it, if possible.

That's a bummer, but no worries. I'll definitely find some. Regarding, VT Bird Fanciers, I haven't had the best experience with that group. I'd prefer to avoid it, if possible.

Oh I hear you. I won't purchase anything that is not hatching eggs from that group after I bought from someone and the birds infected my entire flock with coryza. I had to cull all my chickens and start over.

Oh, damn. I am so sorry that happened to you. I was going to purchase some chicks from a member, but I had some concerns and decided against it. The ignorance of biosecurity practices and poultry disease/illness is what did me in; totally astounding.

Back
Top Bottom