Very odd pooh

eggmandoo

Chirping
Oct 14, 2016
Notts, uk
Hello. This is not your average post about a chicken with funny pooh. I have a bluebell that appears in good health, if not a tiny bit underweight. For 2 weeks now she hasn't laid more than 2 eggs and she has gone from yellow frothy pooh to very loose milky pooh with yellow in it, and one pooh with obvious egg white type fluid in it.
I have wormed with flubenvet in December and Jan. I am in the process of submitting a pooh sample for worm count and cocc screening. But this is all they test for. Any ideas on the way forward as I'm concerned it's not worms

Ta

Sounds like she may have been egg bound recently, have you felt any lumps around her stomach and vent?

It can often result in watery poos and no fresh eggs. I would also make sure she doesn't still have the egg in her body, feel around her abdomen, it should be fairly obvious if she has an egg stuck in there.

Pictures of droppings are always welcome. It sounds as if she is having some reproductive problems, such as eggs breaking or shell problems. These and other symptoms are very common in hens, and yellow in droppings can be a sign of egg yolk or even bacteria. Internal laying and egg yolk peritonitis are sometimes a result of this.

This is today's pooh. First thing out the coop. Definitely looks like egg yolk in there. What can I do? She is on normal layers pellets. All the others seem to be laying ok. But not frequently.

Attachments

• IMG_4772.JPG
    IMG_4772.JPG
    511 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom