Vet says gapeworm, recommends unavailable treatment; options?

OK, I definitely think it is parasites/gapeworm. Just saw her poop and while it was still pretty solid, she has a messy bum. Just gave her her Panacur -- .5 instead of .3 mL. Also, she's clearly hungry, but will only eat soft, very small bites. Will call vet first thing tomorrow for the increased dose she promised. Fingers crossed! Thanks, all!

Last edited:
She stopped eating anything and is holding her wings down. The doesn't look good. Maybe it's irrational but I find myself furious with the vet. :'(

OK, I definitely think it is parasites/gapeworm. Just saw her poop and while it was still pretty solid, she has a messy bum. Just gave her her Panacur -- .5 instead of .3 mL. Also, she's clearly hungry, but will only eat soft, very small bites. Will call vet first thing tomorrow for the increased dose she promised. Fingers crossed! Thanks, all!
0.5 or 0.05?

-Kathy

She stopped eating anything and is holding her wings down. The doesn't look good. Maybe it's irrational but I find myself furious with the vet. :'(
Try not to get too worked up and remember that the vet did go to school and is probably much better at this than we are.

-Kathy

Whoops,.05. I hope me holding and medicating her an hour ago is why she won't eat and is holding her wings out now.

Can you turn her loose on your kitchen floor and take some pictures of her?

-Kathy

She's lying down with her friend and panting hard (house went dark so they went to bed). I hate to disturb her; is there anything I can describe to you? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom