Violetsfeathers Flock

Thanks guys,
I got some eggs from a neighbor yesterday. I saw their chickens driving by one day and thought they looked really pretty so I knocked on their dirt and asked if they would sell me some eggs, they said they had Rhode Island reds and silkies, (I thought their chickens had looked like ameracaunas from the road) but one of their “silkies” was laying blue eggs. Anyway they now know their silkie is not all silkie and I got some of the eggs, thy want me to hatch some chicks for them from my chickens :) their rooster is so pretty, he’s a silkie, I didn’t get a good look at him though, and he’s barred red and orange and black, such pretty colors

I set seven eggs from them in my incubator last night. Some of the eggs were covered in egg yolk and poop so I had to wash them, hopefully there’ll be good hatch rate

Pumpkin is sick, he’s not eating or drinking, his face looks shriveled, and he just stands there puffed up :( I brought him inside, Mom is gonna try to feed him fruit. He’ll be five years old April 13.

I candles the eggs I got from my neighbor (it’s day four or five), I set seven eggs, and only one of them has veins... (thankfully it is a blue one) I left the others in there just in case though.

Pumpkin is slightly better I think, he eats and drinks while he’s in the coop (I put him out in the day and he sleeps in the house at night). Mom and I gave him penicillin tonight so hopefully that will do some good.
I dunno what’s wrong with him still... maybe he’s going blind in one or both eyes, cuz it seems like he has no depth perception

36D8AD64-6F40-4B4D-AD79-4D1DD30A3D10.jpeg
38D5F900-7F48-41FF-8A02-7169F8A92047.jpeg
5F686292-09A5-4181-BA20-D0C274BDF8C6.jpeg
58CF2608-D317-4BC8-BAB6-048A832B9D6D.jpeg
The chicks have hatched! Both of raspberry’s, but Ninjas egg didn’t make it.

Pumpkin is not getting any worse, he might even be slightly better, but mostly the same.

I got ameraucana bantam (blue eggs) and D’Uccle bantam (porcelain, Mille fluer and golden neck) eggs in the mail today, can’t wait to hatch!

Aww good to hear about Pumpkin! So exciting about the eggs! I am also in the process of a broody sitting on some eggs, it wasn't planned but we thought we would let her try, hopefully all goes well! Good luck with yours!

Back
Top Bottom