Virginia

Great! We have been looking for guinea keets, but they seem to be harder to come by this year. Do you have various colors? We are hoping to get atleast 8, but don't want to be greedy. Can one reserve them? If not, we will be there early to pick some up.
Thanks

Sorry I accidentally posted this twice... New and it shows
smile.png
we are still new ourselves . we have 25 of the little keets so no your not being greedy. this is the only color we have at the moment.

It WAS packed!!! My first time there and I had NO idea it was such a big thing. Incredible! I was supposed to meet up with someone too, but never got connected. I did come home with 2 silver laced wyanadottes, 2 speckled sussex, 2 easter eggers, a wheaton maran and a black copper maran (may not have spelled those right...)
Soo excited and happy! My first chicks! Got them all settled into the brooder and then stood there for over an hour watching them sleep. LOL I'll have to post picts as soon as I can, I suspect (once I got a good, long look at them all) that I might have 2 roos....)
That's awesome!
clap.gif
I think we'll need some pictures.
wink.png

it was a good day. met a lot of nice people and sold most of our chickens. we will probably be back in the fall with extra cubalaya hens and other stuff.
That sounds fantastic! I was sorry to miss it this weekend. If anyone knows the fall date, please post it here for us. Thanks!

Re: Gilmanor

Are there items for sale other than birds and animals?

A friend and I have started a small screen printing business- we design and hand-print graphic tees. I'm wondering if Gilmanor would be a good place for us to go and sell some chicken tees in the fall?

Re: Gilmanor

Are there items for sale other than birds and animals?

A friend and I have started a small screen printing business- we design and hand-print graphic tees. I'm wondering if Gilmanor would be a good place for us to go and sell some chicken tees in the fall?
There was a person there selling confererate flags, belt buckles, t- shirts and pillows and other southern ralated items. I don't see why you couldn't sell your stuff.

What did you come home with? Did you see the pigs?

I saw them and the goats and the puppies and everything lol I didn't come home with anything new I just went to look I have been thinking about getting some chicks for 3 years now and I got 9 in all so before I get more I will build everything I need 1st and I am looking at some that I want next time maybe fall ;) lol

Hello....I live in East Tn and am looking for some shows that are near the va state line from me. Does anyone know of any that are. Here in our area we only have 3 a year...so...would like to find others that are within a reasonable driving distance. Thanks!!

Hello....I live in East Tn and am looking for some shows that are near the va state line from me. Does anyone know of any that are. Here in our area we only have 3 a year...so...would like to find others that are within a reasonable driving distance. Thanks!!
hey there. the carroll co fair will be having a poultry show for the first time ever. don't remember the dates but you can google it...

also, if you want to drive a bit further, the christiansburg swap is the first saturday of each month, right off 81 at the TSC (exit 118 google it for specifics), and the roanoke swap is the 3rd saturdays (hollins exit, 146 i think?).

Here they are! My PRIZES from Gilmanor.

TAA-DAA!
The Cane sisters:

Sugar (wheaten maran)

Hurra (black copper maran)

Sola (speckled sussex)

Nova (speckled sussex)

Rasin (silver laced wynadotte)

Candy (ameraucana (?) easter egger(?) supposed to be a green egg layer)

And the 2 as-yet-un-named, suspiciously roo-ish other chicks.....

I'd appreciate guesses on ages (and sexes if the picts are good enough to tell). I think the marans were 1 week and all the others were 2 weeks, but I can't remember.

Here are some pics of the birds I got at Gilmanor a 1 year old Delaware pair the hen laid an egg after I got her and has laid every day since
big_smile.png
A Black Australorp cockerel, 2 wheaton Ameracunas and a quad of Black Copper Marans 7 weeks old. And the last pics are of my setup at the swap

Well it sounds like everyone had a blast! Im so jealous
tongue.gif
But dont stop giving us the 411 on the happs in VA. I hope to something this year.

Back
Top Bottom