Virginia

Hey Andrew, welcome!
I got my chickens from the Fairfax animal shelter!
I don't know the area there well enough to recommend a supply place, but I'm sure someone here will pipe up with a suggestion or two before long.

I'm working on trying to find out more info about 'chickenstocks' and see if I can get the ball rolling on one in this area. Sure seems we would have a lot of folks interested!
jumpy.gif

o thats awesome! im going to go to the shelter soon. im like 5 minutes away from it! Also keep me posted on the chickenstock!

Wolf! MarkR! We must be neighbors! I'm in Batesville! Hubby and I are a couple engineers who got outsmarted by a rooster this morning... LOL!

Hopefully we can convince him to give up his freebird status and return to the coop soon!

Hey Peacebird, Do you know Beth Carruth up behind Paige's Store? She used to keep chickens. Her son and my stepson are buddies.

Mark

We really should have a Virginia Chickenstock.

Hi Mark -
I know Hamp Carruth, he was telling me tales of his chicken raising days! (he's a fellow Ruritan) Where did you get your chickens? I ordered some pullets (20 weekers) from the Amherst Mill, but they haven't come in yet, so my poor rooster is still lonely... At least he is liking the coop now instead of the forest!
I loved the varieties available from mail order but didn't really have a good place to deal with puff balls....
cheers!
Marianne

I agree about having a Chickenstock! I'm trying to put one together for the four states that are closeby... PA,MD,VA,WV.
Do you all have a suggestion of where/when?

Quote:
Marianne,

Do you have the contact information for Amherst Mill? I want to get a couple more hens (20 weekers would do well, I'm just not set up for the puffballs either), but don't want to go back to the guy I got my flock from. He does a lot of breeding for nefarious purposes (plus he was way out in Goochland and I couldn't find my way back if my life depended on it, even if I wanted to) that I don't want to support.

I'm betting your rooster is going to have a very puffed up chest when he gets some company. He sounds like a real character.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom