Virginia

Hi all,

I'm located in Zuni, Virginia in Isle of Wight county. Actually, MarkR had a lot to do with me getting bit by the chick bug! (Thanks Mark!). I read some of his threads in a bee keeping forum and started researching chicks. It seemed as if everyone was very happy with raising chickens and I needed something to do with my land.... so, I bought 10 RIR's at the local feed store. They were so cool we went back the next day and got 10 more! ( 1 Roo and 19 hens). We just had to have one more ROO and a little variety of hens...so, we ordered some more.

We are working on turning an outbuilding into a very nice coop and will free range the chickens during the day.

I love this site and am reading like crazy to learn as much as possible.

Jay
ZuniBee Farms

You don't do anything halfway do ya?

Mark, No, not really! Actually, I have history with birds.... my wife and I owned an ostrich ranch for about 5 years. We had over 350 ostrich, and a complete incubation and hatching operation. We loved it! Unfortunately I had to relocate with my job and had to sell everything. It has been quite a few years since the ostrich adventure. When I got the chicks I was immediately hooked. They remind me so much of the ostrich but MUCH smaller. (and cheaper!) I am looking for an incubator now!

soimcrazy
Today 12:32 pm New member from Dinwiddie Va (just west of Petersburg)

Dinwiddie - You are right down the road from me. I work at Fort Lee with a few folks from Dinwiddie. Welcome

Thanks Mudhen and MissPrissy for the welcome!​

An osterich ranch! Very cool. I've had a few run ins with an osterich. Ouch. This one had the habit of try to kick the snot out of me. I like chickens better.
lol.png
A friend of mine has an emu ranch not too far from me.

Hey, I forgot to mention to you. . . check out the Chickenstock page. There's a gathering up in Harper's Ferry on June 16th if your free. It's shaping up to be quite a gathering.

Mark

Hi all. I'm in Chesterfield County outside of Richmond. We have production reds, RIR, easter eggers, production blacks, and looking for Sultan bantams. Also keep quail.

Back
Top Bottom