Virginia

Last edited:
actually, the TSC at Christiansburg was told by shelor to stop allowing us there...  apparently the lease only has rights to parking for those SHOPPING at TSC...

maybe a way around it is to go in and buy something before you start swapping...  then if asked, you're simply in between shopping expeditions. LOL

Lol - brilliant idea. :p

Last edited:
Lol - brilliant idea. :p

What's really ironic is most of us sellers usually buy something at TSC. Ki4got always run in after her first sale to get feed, or wood chips, or something else she has run out of or forgotton (a joke but like most there is some elements of truth). I always need some feed or chips, or a apple tree myself. The buyers tend to buy even more, like feed, how to books, everything else someone needs for a new or expanded hobby.

I expect that these complementary sales to not just TSC but also the coffee shop, store, and other businesses are three to four times the total sales of the swap itself.

This is what is wrong when big fish in a small town forget basic economic principles in their raw greed for profits and power.

Quote:
yup. you got me pegged! I'm always forgetting something. but usually need to buy feed for the horses when I'm done for the day anyways! or layer mash, chick feed, whatever.

re: Gilmanor, it's ALWAYS, the first Saturday in May and the third Saturday in September... every year! hubby's birthday is always the next week, so I'm lucky there. LOL no conflicts.

as for what i'll be bringing, more of the same. LOL bantam cochins and SFH plus a few odds and ends as they happen. (EE's, ccl cockerels, maybe a couple Dorkings, whatever I've got that isn't going in the breeding pens.

I am in the Linden/front Royal(WarrenCounty) area. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to give me a crash course in Chickens 101 before I take the next step of getting a coop and chickens etc.

Hello and welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif

You can probably get all the info you need just from browsing BYC. SoManyHats (gal) and HaplessRunner (guy) are up that way, and probably would be more than willing to help you out - shoot one or both of them a PM... tell 'em I sent you!

Hello, Just dropping in to introduce myself. I live north of Roanoke and I'm waiting on some Red Dorkings from Karen. In the meantime I'm making due with a couple pet chickens, a mutt Favorelles and production red. The Favorelles was a science project hatching and the catalyst for my chicken madness. Karen introduced me to the RD and they seem like a good fit. I keep tinkering with the coop build in the meantime.

Last edited:
Hello, Just dropping in to introduce myself. I live north of Roanoke and I'm waiting on some Red Dorkings from Karen. In the meantime I'm making due with a couple pet chickens, a mutt Favorelles and production red. The Favorelles was a science project hatching and the catalyst for my chicken madness. Karen introduced me to the RD and they seem like a good fit. I keep tinkering with the coop build in the meantime.

after I emailed you last time, I remembered I set a whole bunch of eggs... they're due the 18th. found some under a broody that are probably a week along also. disposed of all the Wyandotte and Orpington mutt eggs tho. if I hatched them all, I'd be overrun. LOL

also set another 9 sfh eggs too. oh yeah. plus the 30 sfh that leigh gave me. LOL

Back
Top Bottom