Virginia

1f602.png
Love it! My boys are constantly asking if we can get more chickens! I'd love to if we had the space!

Build another coop, simple! :gig

I bought some plywood and made an outside brooder tonight for our little 2 week old chicks. I would have 2 of every animal if I could my wife says like Noah but I'd prob try to squeeze in 100 chickens. Love the little Dinosaurs.

Why must hatching shipped eggs be so frustrating?? Second batch that I've tried and out of 20 eggs or so only 1 hatched. Shame I cant find any local Dominique breeders... and I know it's not the incubator as the eggs from my hens are hatching...

Why must hatching shipped eggs be so frustrating?? Second batch that I've tried and out of 20 eggs or so only 1 hatched. Shame I cant find any local Dominique breeders... and I know it's not the incubator as the eggs from my hens are hatching...

I hear ya. I got 37 shipped eggs and I think only 19 will make it to lockdown tomorrow.

I will be driving all over this green earth this next week looking for a new vehicle for my wife and was wondering if anyone has any pullets for sale?

Looking for all kinds but mostly Delaware and maybe some top hat polish or something decorative.

Let me know what you have please? I currently have 20 chicks that are about 3 weeks old that they will eventually be housed with.

Thanks in advance

Dave

I hear ya. I got 37 shipped eggs and I think only 19 will make it to lockdown tomorrow.

I've heard this year particularly has been difficult for shipped eggs. I've also heard the Jacksonville, Florida PO hub is a mess. The Dom eggs I got from Florida arrived without any cracked eggs, but only one hatched so something is obviously off.

Some of our customers have gotten 95% hatch rate on our shipped Delaware eggs- but usually its close to to 80. Some of it is handling and packing but you don't have control over USPS or the weather.

Anyone know of a place in the Harrisonburg, Staunton, Charlottesville area that sells Marek's vaccine? I have a big hatch coming up and am considering vaccinating, but it's really expensive to order online.

Anyone know of a place in the Harrisonburg, Staunton, Charlottesville area that sells Marek's vaccine? I have a big hatch coming up and am considering vaccinating, but it's really expensive to order online.
I researched this for a customer last year and no local source- On line was only option we found.

Back
Top Bottom