Virginia

Thanks!  I wanna get some sex links next, I think, but having trouble finding them locally.  I can get more buffs and rocks no problem, luckily.  I didn't realize I needed a permit for my city, however, so the hubby has put his foot down and I have to get my permit before I can get any more birds.  I know it's for the best, but there are 3 RIR/NH red crosses available locally right now that I'm kind of drooling over, and they're the same age as my girls.

Awe :/ I hate having to get permits..

RIRS are the bomb, I have quite a few rirs myself. RiRs are definitely up there with the buff Orpingtons.

Sex links are pretty, I've never dealt with em myself though.

But yea I'd definitely look into those rirs ;).

I wants them soooo badly!  Other big thing holding me back is the seller is unsure of gender, and I can't have roos.  But otherwise....*makes grabby hands*

Awe true, its definitely a gamble... Have you tried searching around for breeders that have some rirs sexed? Or perhaps buy a full sized rir?

My 3 gals right now are only at 5 weeks, so I'm kind of scared to try bringing in full grown birds at the moment. I do know I want to bring in 3 more total when I bring them in, so I have even 3 on 3 for figuring out the new pecking order. Obviously after the new ones pass their quarantine, unless I get three more from the same folks I got my first 3 from :)

My 3 gals right now are only at 5 weeks, so I'm kind of scared to try bringing in full grown birds at the moment.  I do know I want to bring in 3 more total when I bring them in, so I have even 3 on 3 for figuring out the new pecking order.  Obviously after the new ones pass their quarantine, unless I get three more from the same folks I got my first 3 from :)

Oh okay yea I'd wait then, didn't know yours were younger. :)

It's always some risk when you try to add more. oddly mine are some what different ages, its hard to explain, then again they grew up in the same area. :p

I wish you luck when your ready to add more, it'll be so fun.

Hi everyone! I'm in PA, but will be coming to the Shanendoah (sp?) Valley in a few weeks. I desperately need call ducks, as someone sold some that were already going to be sold to me to someone else... I'm trying to seek revenge by gettning some gorgeous girls before the next time I see them.

I need at least 2 call hens, does anyone know of any in the area?

Thanks,
Mikayla
1f60a.png

Hi y'all,

I'll be moving into albemarle county in a few weeks. Any advice on what's needed to keep chickens and goats? I'll have 5 acres and looking to have a min of 3 dairy goats. Just getting started so I'm all ears!
1f60a.png

Planning to go to
Roanoke Animal and Flock Swap
3rd Saturday of August, 15 Aug 2015.
Looking for Diamond Jubilee English Orpingtons, No mottled in the Bloodlines PLEASE as it will take atleast 3 generations to breed it out and I do not want to spend 3 years breeding it out.
Anyone going to the Roanoke with Diamond Jubilees English Orpingtons? PLEASE no Mottled or Current Spangled English Orpingtons in the bloodlines.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom