Virginia

Hi y'all,

I'll be moving into albemarle county in a few weeks. Any advice on what's needed to keep chickens and goats? I'll have 5 acres and looking to have a min of 3 dairy goats. Just getting started so I'm all ears!
1f60a.png

I am from Northern VA so I can tell you nothing about Albermarle County--- but I just wanted to say, welcome to the flock!
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png

Thank you
1f60a.png
I did read through, so I think I'll be ok with my mini farm. We have talked to the president of the HOA in our subdivision and don't foresee any issues. I'm ready to get started. 8 more days until we close, Yay!

Hi everyone! Im in Roanoke and have officially gotten the chicken bug...lol! We started with a few Golden commets, and Im hooked. We have Leghorns, Amerucaunas, phoenix, Beilefelders (still eggs, should hatch any day), French Marans, Cochin, White crested blue polish, and a few bantoms. :) Great to meet everyone!

:) Jami

I'm Stacey, I'm on Ashland Virginian. I have Red English Orpington, Jubilee Orpingtons, Lavender Ameraucanas, and a Menagerie of others.

Hello, y'all. I'm new here hope this is the right place to introduce myself. I live on a small farm near Roanoke I raise or have raised all sorts of animals. I have a small flock of nine hens and a roo. Culled my old flock this winter. I was only getting one - two eggs a day and they were eating them. So I got all new chicks this spring. They are just now starting to lay. I'm so happy I have finally got enough for breakfast this weekend. I have enjoyed reading through this site and thought it was time to join.

Hello, y'all. I'm new here hope this is the right place to introduce myself. I live on a small farm near Roanoke I raise or have raised all sorts of animals. I have a small flock of nine hens and a roo. Culled my old flock this winter. I was only getting one - two eggs a day and they were eating them. So I got all new chicks this spring. They are just now starting to lay. I'm so happy I have finally got enough for breakfast this weekend. I have enjoyed reading through this site and thought it was time to join.

Welcome aboard! Happy you're getting eggs again..

Welcome from Botetourt County!!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom