Virulent Newcastle's Disease in Los Angeles County CA

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 8.10.35 AM.png

Thanks, Kiki'sGirls. Where are the California threads? I didn't see a subforum by regions or states. Is there any way to get this thread pinned/sticky'd at the top of the Emergencies/Diseases subforum so it won't fall off the first page?

Go to FORUMS.
Then down to the SOCIAL category.
Then the WHERE AM I WHERE ARE YOU FORUM.
Then the very first thread "Find your state's thread" in that forum, which is called a stick because it always stays on top...has a list of all state threads.
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 4.02.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 4.02.24 PM.png

Find your State's thread.

It is spreading. Several new cases in San Bernardino County as of May 26th. YOU MUST ADOPT STRICT BIOSECURITY FOR YOUR FLOCK NOW if you are anywhere in southern California. Here is a link to a USDA PowerPoint that explains what happens when a vND (Virulent Newcastle's Disease) Outbreak happens, and the USDA/APHIS is dead serious about this. Slides 52-57 spell this out but the entire PowerPoint is eye-opening. There will be MASS DEPOPULATION AND PREEMPTIVE CULLING (they will immediately kill all your birds) if you are within a certain radius of a confirmed case.
ND response.jpg.JPG Newcastles cases.JPG

It is spreading. Several new cases in San Bernardino County as of May 26th. YOU MUST ADOPT STRICT BIOSECURITY FOR YOUR FLOCK NOW if you are anywhere in southern California. Here is a link to a USDA PowerPoint that explains what happens when a vND (Virulent Newcastle's Disease) Outbreak happens, and the USDA/APHIS is dead serious about this. Slides 52-57 spell this out but the entire PowerPoint is eye-opening. There will be MASS DEPOPULATION AND PREEMPTIVE CULLING (they will immediately kill all your birds) if you are within a certain radius of a confirmed case.
View attachment 1412063 View attachment 1412064
:barnie

Ugh, I hope truly that it's not a bad outbreak. It will be so heartbreaking! If you see this and are in CA, make biosecurity your tippy top priority right now. 100% closed flocks! I'd also recommend temporarily halting the feeding of wild birds if you live in this area and have bird feeders. Go so far as to sanitize shoes when you exit/return to your property, even if you have specific "chicken shoes" you use on your chores. I found this list of disinfectants that are known to kill Newcastle virus, and bleach is on the list. Making a bleach dip near where you keep shoes is an easy step to take. https://twitter.com/animatedtext/status/1002386037497217024

But the first words out of his mouth when I came in were Newcastle - my response was she's been vaccinated - so worried - no good deed goes unpunished
Tho it appears that your ill bird is not infected with NC, glad she's improving on the meds...see what I found in linked article below.

"Virulent Newcastle disease can infect and cause death even in vaccinated poultry."

Back
Top Bottom