Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

You probably have seen this before in other mammals & birds, then, and in humans, it is called titubation, or involuntary movements due to nerve pressure or damage.
Damage can come from disease,  accident or genetics
The nerves can be a simple one in the neck, or full body ataxia.
You probably already know that sometimes it is an easy surgery to correct involuntary movement, sometimes in the case of disease such as MS and progressive Parkinson's, no cure can be made but there is some drugs that can bring some relief.

They're actually working on MS possibly being able to cure some cancers!

Looking for some ideas on what I can give my girls to forage on while I'm at work and they can't be out in the run. Someone on another page had mentioned using sprouts. Right now when I'm at work my flock is in their 10x10 coop. I just feel so bad that they are confined during the week and I'm looking for some extra stuff for them. Let me know what you guys think!
I called one of my neighbors that grew alfalfa and asked to buy a bale of finely stemmed hay. .I had two steel brackets to tie it up right on a low platform against a pole. They took to that right away and in 2 hours they were pooping green. The alfalfa stayed clean

and it was free choice. They were able to eat between the wire brackets.

I have started giving apples, they seem to love them. I have to brag as well I had a even dozen eggs today 12/14/ I like the alfalfa thing as well. I am making cauliflower for us tonight and I always give them the stems and any leftover from steaming it usually very little giggle.

They're actually working on MS possibly being able to cure some cancers! This I had not known but sure yearn to be back AT MY SCOPE and slides still understanding and admitting I just don't have it anymore.

My two older chickens have not laid an egg since I got the new chickens. Is this normal? I know it is winter and I know that they are 18 months old but still… I was getting about an egg every other day after they stopped multi in but now nothing. I've had the New chickens for a week.

I have started giving apples, they seem to love them. I have to brag as well I had a even dozen eggs today 12/14/ I like the alfalfa thing as well. I am making cauliflower for us tonight and I always give them the stems and any leftover from steaming it usually very little giggle. 

They're actually working on MS possibly being able to cure some cancers! This I had not known but sure yearn to be back AT MY SCOPE and slides still understanding and admitting I just don't have it anymore.

Yeah, it's pretty neat research. They're working with the DNA of the cancer cells... I truly truly hope that they can make it work. If they can, maybe they'll gain understanding about MS and find a cure for it too.

My two older chickens have not laid an egg since I got the new chickens. Is this normal? I know it is winter and I know that they are 18 months old but still… I was getting about an egg every other day after they stopped multi in but now nothing. I've had the New chickens for a week.

It's very possible. Stress of a new bird in the flock can stop laying.

Is there a thread for Thurston County? I'm trying to find a home for my black crested white rooster (Yes he is an uncommon color!). Moved here before he started crowing. He started crowing before we could find our own house (currently staying with friends and still there), and just found out we can't have him even though we're in a really small town. He was born in June. So he's free and I can deliver within 30 min drive of Rainier, WA or meet up within that distance. For $15 I'll throw in my little red silkie hen lol. Just really need him gone. Tried the no-crow collar and it didn't help. I don't want to get my friends in trouble and culling is a last resort as I've never done it and don't feel comfortable doing it. I'm posting a picture. Any redirection to a Thurston thread would also be helpful. Thanks! =]

You probably have seen this before in other mammals & birds, then, and in humans, it is called titubation, or involuntary movements due to nerve pressure or damage.
Damage can come from disease, accident or genetics
The nerves can be a simple one in the neck, or full body ataxia.
You probably already know that sometimes it is an easy surgery to correct involuntary movement, sometimes in the case of disease such as MS and progressive Parkinson's, no cure can be made but there is some drugs that can bring some relief.
We had seen it in puppies for years although most breeders just cull them most of our work was governed by breed clubs in funding so would also be breed specific, we would look at our pet projects from time to time but never had the funding to bring any to clear the criteria

Back
Top Bottom