Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I recently added 3 chickens then I got rid of my reds 2 of them I only lost like one a day for maybe 3 days then it was back to normal

Yeah, it's pretty neat research. They're working with the DNA of the cancer cells... I truly truly hope that they can make it work. If they can, maybe they'll gain understanding about MS and find a cure for it too.
I can only hope, I have had 2 co workers in my life we lost to the ravages of MS, I never did work within the human realm of dna but found the human body quite puzzling.

Your chickens need to talk to my chickens. Why did you get rid of the Reds?
They were pesky always picking on my other birds in the nesting boxes or getting in when I put fresh shavings out and kicking them all out I have 5 bard rocks, 9 light brahmas then there was 2 reds

They're actually working on MS possibly being able to cure some cancers!
I do recall something the research scientists are doing working with auto-immune (luekocytes) that target cancer cells...sort of like deliberately creating an auto-immune disease...very cool indeed....and hopefully they also learn how to then turn the luekocytes off afterwards !

I called one of my neighbors that grew alfalfa and asked to buy a bale of finely stemmed hay. .I had two steel brackets to tie it up right on a low platform against a pole. They took to that right away and in 2 hours they were pooping green. The alfalfa stayed clean

and it was free choice. They were able to eat between the wire brackets.
thumbsup.gif

My two older chickens have not laid an egg since I got the new chickens. Is this normal? I know it is winter and I know that they are 18 months old but still… I was getting about an egg every other day after they stopped multi in but now nothing. I've had the New chickens for a week.
Depends on the breed and the duration of light available to them.
Some breeds lay 250 eggs a year, some only lay 200, and so on.
They are also effected by parasites, feed, molt, some diseases and happiness.
A hen full of worms may have a very hard time trying to ovulate....

I can only hope, I have had 2 co workers in my life we lost to the ravages of MS, I never did work within the human realm of dna but found the human body quite puzzling.
Auto Immune disease is just about mind blowing to try & understand.
Testing for the various types can be maddening...and so many new forms appear every year, it is scarey!

Is there a thread for Thurston County? I'm trying to find a home for my black crested white rooster (Yes he is an uncommon color!). Moved here before he started crowing. He started crowing before we could find our own house (currently staying with friends and still there), and just found out we can't have him even though we're in a really small town. He was born in June. So he's free and I can deliver within 30 min drive of Rainier, WA or meet up within that distance. For $15 I'll throw in my little red silkie hen lol. Just really need him gone. Tried the no-crow collar and it didn't help. I don't want to get my friends in trouble and culling is a last resort as I've never done it and don't feel comfortable doing it. I'm posting a picture. Any redirection to a Thurston thread would also be helpful. Thanks! =]
He is a very interesting coloration !
Sorry I do not think there is a Thurston County thread...just us here....hope you find someone !

Back
Top Bottom