Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Heading to Kaija today to pick up lettuce and cabbage seeds. Good to plant them now; they can use a little frost. Will pick up other seeds for planting later in the month. They have such a great selection of seeds at Kaija.

Also adding compost to the raised beds before planting anything. We have plenty of nutrient rich compost that has converted completely to dirt. The plants should love it.

I'm getting ready to plant some Danver's Half Long carrot seeds. Last year everything had its place in the garden. This year I'm going to mix things up and do more companion planting. I'll have carrots scattered all over the garden.

A trick I learned with carrots is to lay a board over the planted seeds. It holds in the moisture and stabilizes the temperature. I just need to remember to lift the boards every day so I can remove them when the seeds start sprouting.

Happy Resurrection Day to all my Washington friends!

We got our seeds for the garden yesterday. We are only planting a few things this year: tomatoes, bush beans, lettuce, Cabbage, strawberries and a few herbs. And actually, the strawberries are still there from last year. They have spread a good deal and look very healthy this year.

Garden beds are cleared of weeds and ready to add mulch this week. Hopefully we'll get the lettuce and cabbage seeds in by end of week.

Jumbo egg on the right. I candled the huge thing. Don't think it's a double yolker.

View attachment 3784132

111 grams

Look what one of my chickens gave me today. A 116.56 gram double yolker!

I win!!!!! :lau:lau:lau

IMG_3674.JPG IMG_3676.JPG

Back
Top Bottom