Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Bending stiff wire into hoops to form a sort of cage for the row cover to rest on? I think you’re smart to try to keep them covered. In this country I don’t know if those would grow without being wormy.
I just ordered a 10x12 foot section of lightweight 0.55 ounce floating row cover from HomeDepot. It's light enough that the daikon leaves will be able to support it, so I'll just bungee a big piece of it over the top of the bucket.

Cheap and free shipping. I really like Home Depot for online orders.

Edited to add:

I just planted regular red round radishes in the center of the bucket. Might as well use all the space.

Screen Shot 2024-03-30 at 10.36.54 AM.png

Last edited:
DH built our nest boxes along one wall of the coop, 8 of them. They are nice, and raised off the ground, but the girls generally all lay in the same couple boxes and often lay in a nest of their own making on the floor, under the nest boxes. Straw both places to get settled in. Ah well, you can give them the best sort of spaces, but they will still make their own decisions. They are certainly adorable.
Hello! I’m new to this thread. In Tacoma.
Talk about laying where they want - we found a dozen eggs yesterday. Very well hidden 😆

Attachments

• IMG_7295.jpeg
    IMG_7295.jpeg
    694.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7300.jpeg
    IMG_7300.jpeg
    791.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7302.jpeg
    IMG_7302.jpeg
    837.7 KB · Views: 1
Hello! I’m new to this thread. In Tacoma.
Talk about laying where they want - we found a dozen eggs yesterday. Very well hidden 😆
Wow Welcome to the state thread! Mine once layed in hazelnut
bushes here.
I do keep looking no one does it now.

I just ordered a 10x12 foot section of lightweight 0.55 ounce floating row cover from HomeDepot. It's light enough that the daikon leaves will be able to support it, so I'll just bungee a big piece of it over the top of the bucket.

Cheap and free shipping. I really like Home Depot for online orders.

Edited to add:

I just planted regular red round radishes in the center of the bucket. Might as well use all the space.

View attachment 3786416
Oh that sounds great! Keep us posted! I'm trying some potatoes in pots this year. I ended up with way more to plant than i have room for in the garden.

Back
Top Bottom