Waterer Heater

We use a deicer that goes right into the water bucket. We use a low watt one, you can find it at TSC. It’s never let us down in the last 2 years we’ve used it😊

I believe this is the one we got:
4738F165-0542-48EE-99AD-E4A28E858B6A.png

Kicks on at a certain temp and doesn’t make the water hot

Need a heater to prevent plastic waterers from freezing in Virginia--lows in 20s most nights in winter. Recommendations? Internal deicer for inside plastic waterer or plate underneath? Thanks.
Post a pic or link to the waterer you have.

I use an x-large heated dog bowl like a "warming plate" and set my chicken waterer inside of it. I do it this way because I keep it in my coop and it insures no tip over accidents - if they tip their waterer, the water ends up in the bowl.

I’m going to be trying a $15 aquarium heater tomorrow! Windchill are below zero tonight here. Yikes!
How is it working for you? I just put my aquarium heater in last night and it hasnt froze yet. Also I’ve heard that chickens “don’t like warm water” but I think my chickens prefer it especially when it’s cold out. They gobble it up when I bring them warm water

How is it working for you? I just put my aquarium heater in last night and it hasnt froze yet. Also I’ve heard that chickens “don’t like warm water” but I think my chickens prefer it especially when it’s cold out. They gobble it up when I bring them warm water
Perfectly! I have mine as low as it will go - 60* or something like that? When it was below zero, the other side of the little tub we are using right now did freeze on the top but near the heater was still open.

As per some recommendations here I bought Farm Innovators 250 Watt Ice-Chaser Multi-Use Utility Deicer and it is working so far. A little pricy at $50.00+ but they gave me an extra year warranty so we'll see how it goes. It's far too early to be in the 20s most nights here in Virginia!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 4.42.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 4.42.45 PM.png
    375.2 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom