Watery, explosive diarrhea

Sassysouth

Free Ranging
7 Years
May 12, 2016
Decatur, AL
I am treating the hen I picked up yesterday for mites, I don’t see any. But, apparently the previous owner dusted the chicken and food with DE for mites and worms.
Here is her explosive diarrhea. What is something broad I could treat her with for parasites, worms, etc?

5AB0724A-640A-4F56-81D9-F2475B1CC8D7.jpeg

25BBFC67-29B6-49E4-9391-B25866942124.jpeg

Check her closely for mites and lice, since DE will not treat an outbreak. Permethrin 10 spray or the garden dust is what I would use if I found any.

For worming Valbazen sheep and cattle wormer is what I use, or some use SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer.
Apparently he was treating them, but I don’t see any. I did treat her this morning. Poor baby is a hot mess. I knew better than to bring her home, but I just couldn’t leave her.

Is she eating anything?
Is she pale?
How does her crop feel?
Is her backside raw?

She is eating from my fingers. Big yucky goops. She won’t eat from the bowl. She is drinking. Crop has been empty and I didn’t check it after she ate.
Her backside was not raw yesterday and she only pooped that one, humongous time this morning. I did get her out in hopes of a specimen, but nothing. She has not pooped in her cage, at all. Her wattles have actually pinked up today.

Back
Top Bottom