Watery, explosive diarrhea

I would mix up a mash that contains chicken layer feed, a sppoonful of plain yogurt or cottage cheese, a little cooked scrambled egg, and a lot of water to make it like then oatmeal. Some vitamins would not hurt, and I use human vitamin B complex 1/4 tablet daily crushed onto feed.

Valbazen dosage is 0.08 ml per pound—a 5 pound chicken would get 0.4 ml given orally, and repeat that in 10 days.

If using the SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer, give 1/4 ml per pound (1 1/4 ml for a 5 pound hen) once and again in 10 days. For hard to treat worms, such as gapeworm and capillary worms, give it for 5 consecutive days.

I would mix up a mash that contains chicken layer feed, a sppoonful of plain yogurt or cottage cheese, a little cooked scrambled egg, and a lot of water to make it like then oatmeal. Some vitamins would not hurt, and I use human vitamin B complex 1/4 tablet daily crushed onto feed.

Valbazen dosage is 0.08 ml per pound—a 5 pound chicken would get 0.4 ml given orally, and repeat that in 10 days.

If using the SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer, give 1/4 ml per pound (1 1/4 ml for a 5 pound hen) once and again in 10 days. For hard to treat worms, such as gapeworm and capillary worms, give it for 5 consecutive days.

Thank you! She has not pooped since this morning, but I can hear her tummy making noises. What do you think about me trying to get a sample, hopefully by in the morning, to take to the vet before starting any treatment? Our co-op is closed and I would have to drive to the next town for anything, which I would gladly do.

I gave her Nutri Drench this morning, she is drinking water. She ate a good amout of plain greek yogurt, softened chick feed and chicken liver/salmon/egg/squash mixture.

@casportpony what do you think about the poop photos?

I will have to get more puppy pads tomorrow, I gave my box away. As soon as I put the hen back in the Guinea Pig cage, she pooped green watery liquid all in the shavings. I will try again in the morning.

@Sue Gremlin @Eggcessive she had some formed poo this morning.
1BDC024D-C39C-4548-B7B2-CD828AE4BBCF.jpeg

Were you able to collect some to take in to your vet for testing?
This evening, after the vet closed. I have it in a jar ready to go. I took her to the garage to walk around and stretch. She pooped and went to hide.

Do you think I should start Corid (based on looks) or just wait?

Thank you for all your time
27AFFDCC-2D75-4D60-885E-FC8115B6D14C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom