Ways you make your chicken coop creative and unique

Quote:
I have to say, I LOVE your coop! The bright colors and eclectic feel are just my style. We have the same look inside our house and wanted to do something similar but a bit more neutral with our coop. Very lovely!

All I have in the current coop are some farm theme ceramic tiles as wall hangings inside, a bush outside the door and a trellis with flowers and (if they grow) sweet peas out front to hide the view from the neighbors.
The new coop I am currently building will be old barn board stained a dark colour with white trellis around the bottom. I will probably hang something on the doors, but I don't know what yet.

People love to check out our coop-they
get a kick out of the old T.V. I painted
a picture on and hung in the corner. I did
this as a joke as people thought the coop
was too nice for chickens, we now say that's
nothing they're in their watching T.V. now.
26492_chicken_tv.jpg

26492_chicken_tv_1.jpg

We have put a green roof (4 separate beds actually) on our coop & run. It's not completely finished but I will be posting pics when it is. We are working on finishing touches like additional paint, latches, etc. Here it is in progress:
58060_037.jpg

@Frankinchickens ~ What will you be planting in your green roofs? I love this idea! Succulents like Hens and Chicks would be quite appropriate, don't you think? I'll be watching for your finished pics!!

Back
Top Bottom