Wazine in chicks?

LaynaDon95

Songster
8 Years
Jan 18, 2012
Texas
Okay, so long story short, while butchering some meaties I found out my flock had round worms. Again. I have Wazine 17 on hand, which is what I used to treat them last time. (Yes, I know it only treats adult round worms and not the full infestation. I'm working on that part.) My question is, last time I didn't have little chicks, but this time I have hens hatching babies like crazy, some as young as a day old, and more on the way. I need to worm the moms at least. Should I just worm the hens or the babies as well? How old should I worry about worming the babies? If I do need to worm them now, how much Wazine per gallon of water for them? Sorry, I know it's a lot of questions, but I need help. Thanks everyone!

Dosage for wazine is the same for all size/weight chickens...1 ounce per gallon of water for no more than 24 hours.
Treat your hens, not your chicks. Wait until the chicks are at least 9-10 weeks old before you worm them. Remember, there's a 14 day slaughter withdrawal period after using wazine.

Dosage for wazine is the same for all size/weight chickens...1 ounce per gallon of water for no more than 24 hours.
Treat your hens, not your chicks. Wait until the chicks are at least 9-10 weeks old before you worm them. Remember, there's a 14 day slaughter withdrawal period after using wazine.
Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom