Wedding photo update~ Don't one person yell at me/ coloring my chicken

awww! she looks wonderful! good to hear she was well behaved for everyone one and no messes. i would have worried about that too with all the nice clothing people were wearing. i know my birds and one seems to be 'trained' not to poo while i'm holding him for extended time. (but he's my baby and has been a pampered boy his entire 2 1/2 years of life!)

i'm wondering how a white frizzled hen would look with this done! my old Sweetie Pie might like the color change if it would help protect her while i had her walking free in my garden with me. i'm thinking the green would help better hide her while she's in the garden foraging since she can't fly or run away fast enough!

Quote:
I don't have the stuff anymore... But iam pretty sure I shared the name of it somewhere in the post..its been a long time since I used it

Also u could google hair dye for dogs and it should pop up..I know the color I used was called shocking pink, if that helps
Xoxox

For those who don't have white silkies, any old white chicken would do. Even a white easter egger would be an added bonus, a pink chicken that lays blue eggs !
lol.png

Has she faded at all? I think that feathers are so porous that the feathers will stay that way until she grows new feathers. After all they dye feathers for dusters and decorations. So, I guess the lesson is that you should pick a color that you are willing to have on your chicken for the whole year....no red/green one month pink the next month...
sad.png

Julie

I know, let's all do un-normal things to creatures we can control easily, so that our vanity will be happy. And coloring chickens is, pure and simple, nothing but a fulfillment of vanity. Why doesn't the bride just soak herself in the pink stuff too, along with all the bridesmaids? Now there's an idea and it would be really neato. I bet the vanity won't go that far though.

Quote:
Of course it is fulfillment of a vanity....no one claimed they were saving the world or doing anything important or useful...(except making a friend happy) most wedding planning is fulfillment of a vanity....The clothes we pick out to wear every day and even showering is the fulfillment of a vanity. As long as it is a SMALL part of your life and not the majority of your life than it is human. Even posting a comment criticizing someone for dying a chicken is fulfilling a vanity...the "I am so superior to you because I would never do anything like THAT..." vanity... When we get to heaven we will know perfection...until then...
Julie

I just had a parody pop into my head...anyone familiar with my favorite childhood movie..."Grease."

Well just a few words popped into my head but here is a start for budding satirists..

There are worse things I could do
Than to dye a chick or two
Even though the neighborhood thinks I'm trashy and no good.
I suppose it could be true.
But there are worse things I could do...

Back
Top Bottom