Week Old Silkie Question...My silkies dont like me! (PICS)

Really? We have two roosters but they don't crow too loud.
1f414.png

But the problem is that our neighbors only have hens because our other neighbors were complaining about their hens and we have roosters. For now they bribe our other neighbors with a carton of eggs a week!! Luckily they don't hear ours!! :)

We have two precious silky girls and they are joys. They sit on our shoulders like parrots and run to my son like he is their parent. But ours are definitely more scared of other things than our big girls. Maybe the silkies in the other post are just more scared not unfriendly?
Hey Miss Silky, if you still need a home for your silky rooster, I've got girls here in Texas who could use a little man:)

Hi ,my Mom has a white silkie ! Mom loves her "Gabby Girl". Gabby has been laying eggs , a dozen or so, and now has gone into her brooder mode! Mom is concerned because now she wants to set and isn't much of a pet. Gabby Girl lives in the house , we take her out of her cage to visit with her an let her exercise and eat, but she can"t wait to get back in her cage., to set .,again , on no eggs. I know Silkies are brooders and especially mean when setting . How long will she brood and how often? Is there some way we can break up her brooding mode ? Please help. Moms worried. DarleneDarie

Thanks everyone for your great advice on silkies. I'm new to chickens and got my "big girls" in march.
Then3 weeks ago brought home 8 silkie chicks. 2 different batch 3-4 days apart in age.
They do run to the corner of my breeder whenever I reach in to get one but I keep trying anyway.
Hopefully they will get used to me soon.
I still need to figure out How many roos/hens I have so I can name them.

My mom and dad got a divorce and I want to get silkies I will only be around them on Tuesdays Wednesdays Thursdays Fridays and every other weekend what should I do to get my silkies to be friendly and like me.

My mom and dad got a divorce and I want to get silkies I will only be around them on Tuesdays Wednesdays Thursdays Fridays and every other weekend how can I get my silkies to like me.

I have 2 batches of chicks right now one batch a mixed batch from McMurray almost 4 weeks old. They are the survivors of being overnight at the post office when it was 7 degrees out hardy little chicks although I lost 3/4 of them the first 2 days it was terrible. Anyway I even have my 2 little Egyptians. Eating out of my hand now I would put my hand in with feed in it and eventually all of them started coming and eating out of it . I do however have 2 ee that I suspect to be Roos supposed to be ladies go figure that will have nothing to do with me picking them up. I ended up with 1 ee roo from last years batch and he is an absolute turd face! I have one that her favorite thing in the world is to snuggle under my bathrobe. Then I was in tractor supply about a week ago and they had assorted silkies so we got 6 I am doing the same thing with them hand with food near the food dish. I talk and tweet "whistle" to them when I come and leave the room. I have one that will let me pick it up already at 1 week and the rest will eat out of my hand. They also saw my other babies sitting on my lap so I think that helped. Bigger babies moved to the broader in the barn last night they just got way to big for their box I had to put chicken wire over it by week 2. I was so worried about them. They have their heat lamp hanging about 18 inches from the floor and are pretty much feathered in now. They did fine and are running around doing chickie things. So ya. Be patient. My batch from last year are not afraid of me unless I try to touch them they are almost a year a few will tolerate me petting them and one doesn't like being touched unless she flys on my shoulder. But they sure know I bring the food and crowd around me when I go in the pen. I however was not as hands on with that batch I had just had knee surgery the month before they came so it was hard to climb the stairs to my brooder room.

Back
Top Bottom