Weird egg? Weird clump = "LASH" (GRAPHIC Pics)

Well I am glad that I found this thread. I was looking to find out if it was normal for my chicken to lay her first egg, lay every day for two weeks and then stop. She hasn't laid an egg for five days now. This doesn't answer my question about her laying, but it will prevent my having a stroke if I ever do see something like this!!!:lol:

Well I am glad that I found this thread. I was looking to find out if it was normal for my chicken to lay her first egg, lay every day for two weeks and then stop. She hasn't laid an egg for five days now. This doesn't answer my question about her laying, but it will prevent my having a stroke if I ever do see something like this!!!:lol:

At the beginning of laying the hen will be erratic until the body gets with this new thing....Lash eggs are a raritey so hopefully you will NEVER experience one. All the best in your new endevour...... chickens rock!

Here is what I found in my nesting box. It was from a chicken who had not laid since July, due to a raccoon attack. She had just started laying again for about a week, then this.

lol, I happened to be in the right place at the right time.... just a few minutes ago, I was in the coop filling the feeders. There was a hen making odd chattering noises in a box, but they make all sorts of noises. I just figured I was interrupting her solitude.

Suddenly I heard a "plop" and the hens on the floor went nuts, and one came up with what looked like Voldemort (remember the scene? he was under the bench at the train-station at the very end fo the last movie)... reddish, fleshy, creepy... like a little raw heart or liver. The hen had laid it, tried to eat it, dropped it out of the box for the others! YUCK!!! I picked it up (with my gloves!!) and was going to take a picture, but I dropped it and the hens were off with it again.... decided it was just too gross after all...

I had found one just like it last fall, in a nest box. Verrrry creepy. I now know which hen is creating these monstrosities.....
wink.png

edited: I just wanted to add that I have no roosters, so all my eggs are sterile. This was not a weird developed chick. The hen will be exactly two years old in a month.

Last edited:
lol, I happened to be in the right place at the right time.... just a few minutes ago, I was in the coop filling the feeders. There was a hen making odd chattering noises in a box, but they make all sorts of noises. I just figured I was interrupting her solitude.

Suddenly I heard a "plop" and the hens on the floor went nuts, and one came up with what looked like Voldemort (remember the scene? he was under the bench at the train-station at the very end fo the last movie)... reddish, fleshy, creepy... like a little raw heart or liver. The hen had laid it, tried to eat it, dropped it out of the box for the others! YUCK!!! I picked it up (with my gloves!!) and was going to take a picture, but I dropped it and the hens were off with it again.... decided it was just too gross after all...

I had found one just like it last fall, in a nest box. Verrrry creepy. I now know which hen is creating these monstrosities.....
wink.png

edited: I just wanted to add that I have no roosters, so all my eggs are sterile. This was not a weird developed chick. The hen will be exactly two years old in a month.
"I AM NOT AN ANIMAL" Said the chicken, "Oh, wait"...

Back
Top Bottom