weird regional words...

When we lived in Mass., a buggy was a shopping cart. I would think that would be a baby stroller. Also, I live in WNY and drink pop, but other places would call a pop a lollipop and I would call it a sucker.

Quote:
grinder is a hoagie but in the oven
wink.png

And since they started in Philly, we know it to be correct
lau.gif

And a philly cheese steak does NOT have green peppers in it! You want a south philly cheese steak you ask for wiz ( cheese wiz) on your steak sandwich. And you put it on a hard roll, nuttin else

Last edited:
Quote:
We also say WICKED AWESOME or just plain AWESOME a lot.
I don't know why, we just always have. It is such a habit, I don't even know I do it most of the time. People from other places just think it's weird.

Wicked pissa is big here in Eastern MA, especially up around Boston. Wicked is an emphasis word, it works with lots of other words.

We go to the packie to buy beer or booze.

There are more, they'll come to me!

In Lousianna those sammiches would be "poor boy" and when you're eating a shrimp poor boy dressed you can't help but wonder what the poor people are eating. I'm glad my kids moved from there. When I would visit them I would eat a shrimp poorboy just about every day. A feller could soon get on the porky side eating that everyday.

Back
Top Bottom