Welcome Newest BYC Moderators: seminolewind & TwoCrows!!!

I've only been on BYC since February or March, but I have to sit back and chuckle. You can tell the season of the year by the posts - who needs a calendar?

Very late winter/early spring: "Help, my chicks are due to be delivered this week and I have no idea how to build a brooder!"
Early spring: "Help, my chicks are cheeping like crazy and won't go under any of the 3 heat lamps I have in there for them."
Mid Spring: "Help, my chicks have outgrown their brooder and I don't know how to build a coop."
Late Spring/early summer: "Help, when can I put my chicks outside?"
Early summer: "Help, I think all 20 of my chicks are roos!"
Late summer: "Help, when will they lay eggs?"
Early fall: "Help, How can I stop my pullets from roosting in the nest boxes?"
Late fall: "Help, how can I keep my chickens warm and prevent frostbite?"

I know, because that's about how my series of questions went last year! <sigh> I'm learning by the seasons! Maybe this year I'll have more answers than questions!

gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

You are SO right!

I've only been on BYC since February or March, but I have to sit back and chuckle. You can tell the season of the year by the posts - who needs a calendar?

Very late winter/early spring: "Help, my chicks are due to be delivered this week and I have no idea how to build a brooder!"
Early spring: "Help, my chicks are cheeping like crazy and won't go under any of the 3 heat lamps I have in there for them."
Mid Spring: "Help, my chicks have outgrown their brooder and I don't know how to build a coop."

I know, because that's about how my series of questions went last year! <sigh> I'm learning by the seasons! Maybe this year I'll have more answers than questions!

I think you just did the perfect summary of BYC threads throughout the year. Good one!

That's too funny and so true!

Seriously though, we really try to cover as much of the FAQ chickens stuff as possible in the Learning Center: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

In fact, we've worked SUPER hard to get the most important items into this article: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...s-in-your-city-the-basics-of-raising-chickens

So, if we're missing some really important and very frequently asked questions, or can make any other improvements to that document above or to the LC in general, NOW is the time to let us know before the huge onslaught of visitors starting now. :)

So so true, and you are quite funny!

I've only been on BYC since February or March, but I have to sit back and chuckle. You can tell the season of the year by the posts - who needs a calendar? Very late winter/early spring: "Help, my chicks are due to be delivered this week and I have no idea how to build a brooder!" Early spring: "Help, my chicks are cheeping like crazy and won't go under any of the 3 heat lamps I have in there for them." Mid Spring: "Help, my chicks have outgrown their brooder and I don't know how to build a coop." Late Spring/early summer: "Help, when can I put my chicks outside?" Early summer: "Help, I think all 20 of my chicks are roos!" Late summer: "Help, when will they lay eggs?" Early fall: "Help, How can I stop my pullets from roosting in the nest boxes?" Late fall: "Help, how can I keep my chickens warm and prevent frostbite?" I know, because that's about how my series of questions went last year! I'm learning by the seasons! Maybe this year I'll have more answers than questions!
This is sooooo true. LOL! :yuckyuck :goodpost:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom