Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

20180205_105122.jpg
:lau true. And Mean Duck, you're excellent with names. :D
And don't forget my other Drake...."Not Mean Duck"......(the names are misleading thought..... Because sometimes not mean duck can be mean too, )...... Here he thinks his drinking tub is a hot tub.... Wife poured warm water into his dish..... Right now it is -11 I'm not letting them out yet........ Hopefully it warms up enough today but when it's a deep freeze outside I don't like letting them out.

Because we are 5 people & a ton of animals crammed into a little shoebox sized house...
Theres chicken poop on my porch. Theres a bunny in the front doorway, & 2 guinea pigs crammed in my living room next to my desk, a giant turtle next to DDs bed, the pugs will be acting totally insane when she walks in. The chickens will be swarming her because they'll think she has food & the duck will be standing as tall as she can, pacing the driveway, yelling, "STRANGER! STRANGER!! STRANGER!!!":lau
...Also, the full sized mannequin in my livingroom has people doubting my sanity in 30seconds or less. She'll probably run screaming out of here.
Can't believe they won't just give it to you :idunnoI hope they see that you take care of yours and love them. That's all I would look for :fl

I'm sitting here just staring at all these pictures of the cat... Man, I've got it bad. :love
I better go try to clean this place up a bit, not that it will really help.
:frowGood nite all you wonderful enablers. :hugs
:hugsyou will win this one :fl

@Fields Mountain Farm - how exciting! Raising a steer! (Or whatever you call a boy cow that will eventually be meat?? Can you tell I know nothing about them?) Do you have pasture there where he will grow up? That's one thing I wish we had. We have a smallish pasture/orchard, but nothing large enough (or fertile enough) to raise livestock.

@Fields Mountain Farm - how exciting! Raising a steer! (Or whatever you call a boy cow that will eventually be meat?? Can you tell I know nothing about them?) Do you have pasture there where he will grow up? That's one thing I wish we had. We have a smallish pasture/orchard, but nothing large enough (or fertile enough) to raise livestock.
My quotes are doing weird stuff . Bull calf until it is emasculated then a steer . In the beef industry ,any that come into feedlots are considered a feeder steer . Bull or heifer .

For what it's worth, I have indoor cats and they don't have fleas, lol. And they used to be outdoor cats and flea meds kept them from ever getting infested, and we never had fleas around the house. So fleas probably aren't a giant concern, especially if you kept it as an indoor kitty.

But I'm not a good one to ask about this because I'm a cat person. My first word was "kitty". I've always had cats. So I'm very biased :p

This is my old lady cat. She's 18 now, I've had her since I was 7:

DhbvAXkGw4ENS5-hVJVTGdK8yWurcZcMkyChdICZEMswxTDm-_vX2-JbSiE_H1KROEyRbjCC2o9UywCzz-6DOyKKvLuR7gtxXQmWDpSytl4CcCqHTZYXmKb2nhOBgIAh9oSf3VV6u29dS-vGAMq_Rod05szW7vyAWdav41K8REDZvfwBg_VxIUKiavRZMdESYrq2wEH825SkiPaT955xf7nrwlCkZ-kVUqAeW64viKDyiCBo2AgsxaIt2egPI09nG-BkK34rvClHPgvkX-R_Yedrt6JUESZwdiDRebKN0m1uJHYylWXLFK5J-dsmFetMOY0_BD7plXfTIi83OSJpl6eGStWQcjXGvv8AOkwoyHWHwGcteXqggS8oCdyHCuYvBW2QdD3CR8_bjFA1sBmoFridXtWQZaAenoelpN_pby8adJWOudBKKTrOQy_83CM4Y2kkMdknYABvgC6pGsNOcciFu3mxBraQ5oHRlyRwznN2OAUbkxsRm6917ynTcTL0vNNb_qhYyUwaeHhUoxpTbOS9e9sIDXUDfDuYyiuA66dNLz0u9rqcHOfIFaArYpl_5Ua3rabpSkAQkEOWbvJvhkglnFyfIMflX6Qb978=w993-h662-no

AKw9pjLGE4baGVQ0q84PyJ5yd2TUDyh_vDSgA3hCZ9EtwHTd71R0ZIzFpL6yO-scacd2Lanwp8xdapb1RdF5nk4wzy5ENGITwK-jezsro6UR6sxc0mwradmd478okihrCuzozXq-B9pPAYLpdzQbOAUg6L0d9iQ3VMR8WP3UEuSQIaxQom2L7PrCi-8dTxGAKvuARo0bU_1PMEurMi2m2yWlOvNruI8WEPZ6hGLI1O10oZ5mQzIGcXiVg9lw79aDwrUhZotoGDNa21fSacWsdsZadpRCPHDvnTYm6Yqxdgd74oChYe8ALZzwrJXz86CBOa1BZGTXOjHr3Gv2chziYdfXTN2Jc3jq_amfFsFDUV67jqykzTzJJRrKKTnBQUOj9UjtEuHMXeHIJWAIvaIdHyMy1zhSe4Wi6WYl8QA0T566nzhSVVfGME2hArol6oREv8cpkPpYQHkuZCF148hMTOmhagM8uKTGTdcf0Vb6Ms5W8PENbuXiUROKWyDzLdoeiGts9j1VW5qb19v6MxB4AS3R7r5PxgdS0uS7cUrhp3PCLUZY8nsvzUzsJi0tOu5f7WSryKOV_mpOC3_NmTmONLTW_APgxH7RrJFb_jA=w993-h662-no

7GTNbg52ARQm4WWtnvXz17tZ1Zf1LecXS3GCWoCQPtka9x112XpHgji7D4_g6GKUi3ua0MHjZERNDqBugGbPsuIi8Pj-o-hWVEFcBFI_K3gGRLp3wPoQtOdcQ0F_QPZsoXPCKow2V_DdQzE2Isbn2lbyLKmXLflXBqfpsyshIefhXyidQtwXdWIecIwlQQxmxEgPOR_vbp8HDoMTC6PgcKPDZrjFXBCrVXAvLpaNCh8EhlIlwDpzMga-Yk-y1jubjgb7FErXdc79KnyC0MEDffCFSOxdc4YANdT9p9DURP2JNTQ9CJPQmLXTs8yUdI57WxEEZMHewJWIpjKgfYouJfRYawKRfEYS7YZUWw2fyBLzFKzbZ4f9SASdgAIeehzw-Tm1ae5jmoUFalrWwrIx72vutHw5nf6E_4yFb8M8QHC4f8j_fA1k1_jz5mcKku87eB1IuhpjO5F-Mm8_5TVUzApwSt88jmBqQM9sdlpdHll0blJNHXuaiTMxXqY56Kkac9PSpqYCxFoMKeMaF86qBVqB7WEyoVVNN45T0gfow5VAs4FJNNi7-s7099GjtIizFNxZ5qHDVZzlIo_en59KLXfnMcPeSnxBRsXmL5U=w817-h662-no

Caught her mid-yawn in that last picture, lol.
I've never had fleas on any of my animals..... And mine are all indoor /outdoor animals.
Not real sure how fleas spread..... But my animals don't have a lot of contact with other animals. But I don't think it's something you should worry about. I think they make good meds now that kill off fleas......I would research then first and maybe people here know more about them..... But I'm sure they check the cats out first before they just ship them home......

We got walloped with the snow storm today. Already got about a foot and it's still coming down. Gonna have to do some serious snow blowing this weekend. Until then, I suspect that since the snow is deeper than a lot of my birds are tall, they won't be coming out of the coops much.
My ducks don't ever care they think their webs are snowshoes

a couple of fires ago up in the Sierras There was a family that had Goats and chickens an a Great Pyranese that did dog duty.... They got called to evacuate... They opened the gate for the goats and tried to get the dog to come.... They couldnt catch him.... Fires were roaring in they had to go. and they had to leave Odin behind.

deb
Saw that one..... Totally impressive.
Dogs are amazing..... We as people can have great loving relationships with them..... And the good ones know how to show their love back.......

Back
Top Bottom