Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Ok, so tonight we spent nearly 2hrs on the floor of petsmart. The sad, phat cat I'd been talking about really hated me & the kids. The kids were playing with all of the spunky, cute kittys & I tried & tried to make up to Phat Cat, but she was nothing doing. I finally went to the only other cat in there that seemed totally miserable. A 6yr old antisocial grey male that was abandoned & (apparently) doesn't go to anybody. I was talking to him & he got up & walked over to me. They let me take him out of the cage & he snuggled right in & didn't want to get up. He let me pet every part of him & kept his tail wrapped around my arm. The lady said she had never, ever seen him act like that with anybody (I was totally thinking about Sour & the black pit.) I didn't want to leave him. It was so sad & so wonderful. I filled out the paper work, even though I know they insist on a home visit. I know they will deny me & it will break my heart & break the cats heart, but at least I had to try. He's got the big, sculpted head of a male, but (even tho they've been feeding him for a month) he's skin & bones in the body. Look at this gorgeous boy snuggled into my lap... He almost looks like he's smiling.:love
View attachment 1258692
I truly believe grey cats are the smartest .....I know someone's not gonna agree..... And that's fine but in all the years we've had cats the grey ones always seemed to be smartest.
Including the 20 year old cat we have now.
And I really don't mean to disrespect other colored cats. But it's just been my experience.

Because we are 5 people & a ton of animals crammed into a little shoebox sized house...
Theres chicken poop on my porch. Theres a bunny in the front doorway, & 2 guinea pigs crammed in my living room next to my desk, a giant turtle next to DDs bed, the pugs will be acting totally insane when she walks in. The chickens will be swarming her because they'll think she has food & the duck will be standing as tall as she can, pacing the driveway, yelling, "STRANGER! STRANGER!! STRANGER!!!":lau
...Also, the full sized mannequin in my livingroom has people doubting my sanity in 30seconds or less. She'll probably run screaming out of here.
Sounds like home.....:lol:

I guess a nipple bucket was tried?
I don't have one, bit he won't suck the bottle nipple so I don't know if that would work either. I'll pick up tube feed kit in town and get a good amount of milk in him and hopefully he'll pick up and start taking the bottle. May take a few tube feedings first but...:fl

I've never had fleas on any of my animals..... And mine are all indoor /outdoor animals.
Not real sure how fleas spread..... But my animals don't have a lot of contact with other animals. But I don't think it's something you should worry about. I think they make good meds now that kill off fleas......I would research then first and maybe people here know more about them..... But I'm sure they check the cats out first before they just ship them home......
I honestly think at my house It's because we are so over populated with squirrels. They are cute. . but nasty little heathens that eat your house and stash their nuts all over the place. I think they bring fleas. And fleas can lay dormant for a long time so once they lay eggs in your house somewhere. . .watch out. And we don't have the deep freezes you have.

Back
Top Bottom