Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I'm beginning to think so. I'm doing all I can but I just don't know at this point if I'll be able to pull him through.:(
Failure to Thrive....? If it were me... Id be making a nest on the floor and snugglng with him now and then... just one warm body next to the other. Poor little guy...

Failure to Thrive....? If it were me... Id be making a nest on the floor and snugglng with him now and then... just one warm body next to the other. Poor little guy...
Might be a bit cold in the barn at night, even in TN. Now, if she were to bring him into the house to share the foot of the bed....

i always thought raising an Oxen would be interesting thing to do.... REad up on it some... pound for pound Cattle are much stronger than horses. Lower center of gravity and muscles in the neck and shoulders for pushing....

By Definition Oxen are not a breed. Though some breeds of Beef in Europe are primarily used as Oxen. They are any breed of Beef allowed to go over the age of 4 and are trained to do draft work. Usually neutered males or steers...

https://www.ruralheritage.com/ox_paddock/ox_whatis.htm

i always thought raising an Oxen would be interesting thing to do.... REad up on it some... pound for pound Cattle are much stronger than horses. Lower center of gravity and muscles in the neck and shoulders for pushing....

By Definition Oxen are not a breed. Though some breeds of Beef in Europe are primarily used as Oxen. They are any breed of Beef allowed to go over the age of 4 and are trained to do draft work. Usually neutered males or steers...

https://www.ruralheritage.com/ox_paddock/ox_whatis.htm

Oreo oxen :wee

I know, I'm the same. Fight for the underdog..:hugs

Sounds like home! :celebrate

Can I bring the calf that is sleeping in a dog crate in the building so he doesn't get to cold? :lau

:hugs:hugs

Morning Pond, I'm exhausted. Up all night syringe feeding this baby every 2 hours. He won't take the bottle. Doing good tho, he's hanging in there, not sure how I'm doing yet...:th
The calf won't take a bottle? Try different nipples.

You listen to the tube for breath sounds before you put milk in. I just got a tube feeding kit yesterday, just in case i need it for some critter here.
I've got some help with it so it'll be ok.
I hope, it's pretty much the only thing left that might get him over the hump.
And B vitamins injections stimulate hunger response.

Back
Top Bottom