Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Failure to Thrive....? If it were me... Id be making a nest on the floor and snugglng with him now and then... just one warm body next to the other. Poor little guy...

Might be a bit cold in the barn at night, even in TN. Now, if she were to bring him into the house to share the foot of the bed....
He's in the house in a large plastic dog crate close to the wood stove...
Thanks you two...I appreciate all the support and advice!:hugs

Thank you so much for the info. Will read thru as soon as I get him fed.:hugs
You listen to the tube for breath sounds before you put milk in. I just got a tube feeding kit yesterday, just in case i need it for some critter here.

And B vitamins injections stimulate hunger response.
I have some B , will give it to him asap.
Thanks a bunch for the reminder.:hugs

Don't feel bad. I knew a family of 3, living in a 14'wide trailer, who had so many cats that they had a battery of cages in the yard, full of the cats they couldn't cram into the trailer with the several others. I opened the front door one time in the winter, and the heated air hit me square in the face with the smell of litter boxes that hadn't been emptied recently. It truly was enough to gag a maggot. :sick

Oh wow! :thThat's bad! Because of our small quarters & because we hate flies, we clean everybodys poop every single day. The only thing that doesn't get cleaned every day is the turtle tank. Turtle gets cleaned one a week, sometimes every other when DH is outta town. That big guy stinks!!! :sick

Jerks. I don't hear anything wrong with your house. :idunno
Omg! I love him. He looks just like a cat I had before grissom. It was right before time to get him fixed and he was being a holy terror so I banned him to the front porch and made an appointment to get him fixed. He seemed fine outside and rarely left the porch but Before the appointment time came we had a storm one night and the next day he was gone forever :(
Never found him.
I hope you can have him :fl

That's so sad!!! :hit Hopefully someone found him & took him in. :hugs

Okay, now that you have listed the positives, what are the cons ?

You really are a great dad!!! :hugs

I know, I'm the same. Fight for the underdog..:hugs
Sounds like home! :celebrate
Can I bring the calf that is sleeping in a dog crate in the building so he doesn't get to cold? :lau

:hugs:hugs
Morning Pond, I'm exhausted. Up all night syringe feeding this baby every 2 hours. He won't take the bottle. Doing good tho, he's hanging in there, not sure how I'm doing yet...:th

I'm beginning to think so. I'm doing all I can but I just don't know at this point if I'll be able to pull him through.:(

You can definitely bring the calf, but I'm not sure I'll let him leave once he gets here.:ya
I know you're worried, but you can do this!!! I've never raised a calf, but I'm thinking the same as some of the others; Like a human baby, try different nipples or a different shaped bottle. Try a little milk & honey on the nipple. Try to sing softly to him. Just make something up & don't worry about keeping a tune. "Sweet baby calf, you need to eat... suckle down upon this teat... When you're big & get more mass, you can dine on yummy grass..." Try snuggling with him. Think about how close pasture calves stay to their mommas. IS there anyway you can bring him in??? :confused: Above all, think positive. I really believe they can sense your emotions. :hugs:fl:hugs

I truly believe grey cats are the smartest .....I know someone's not gonna agree..... And that's fine but in all the years we've had cats the grey ones always seemed to be smartest.
Including the 20 year old cat we have now.
And I really don't mean to disrespect other colored cats. But it's just been my experience.

We wont accuse you of being a cat racist. :lau He really is gorgeous & super sweet. The outlook for us doesn't look good. They say he's bonded with another cat there & they wont let one go without the other. We saw the card on the other cats cage that said they were bonded, so we took them out together. Male Kat hated the female he was supposedly 'bonded' to. He would growl at her whenever she'd walk by & she ignored him completely. I've been texting the woman in charge & actually talked to her today, trying to convince her that they didn't seem bonded at all, but she refuses to adopt them out separately. :he

He's in the house in a large plastic dog crate close to the wood stove...
Thanks you two...I appreciate all the support and advice!:hugs

Thank you so much for the info. Will read thru as soon as I get him fed.:hugs

I have some B , will give it to him asap.
Thanks a bunch for the reminder.:hugs

YAY! He's in the house!!! :wee Lisa you are such a good mom!!! :hugsFingers crossed for the sweet boy! :fl:fl:fl

Oh wow! :thThat's bad! Because of our small quarters & because we hate flies, we clean everybodys poop every single day. The only thing that doesn't get cleaned every day is the turtle tank. Turtle gets cleaned one a week, sometimes every other when DH is outta town. That big guy stinks!!! :sick

You can definitely bring the calf, but I'm not sure I'll let him leave once he gets here.:ya
I know you're worried, but you can do this!!! I've never raised a calf, but I'm thinking the same as some of the others; Like a human baby, try different nipples or a different shaped bottle. Try a little milk & honey on the nipple. Try to sing softly to him. Just make something up & don't worry about keeping a tune. "Sweet baby calf, you need to eat... suckle down upon this teat... When you're big & get more mass, you can dine on yummy grass..." Try snuggling with him. Think about how close pasture calves stay to their mommas. IS there anyway you can bring him in??? :confused: Above all, think positive. I really believe they can sense your emotions. :hugs:fl:hugs

We wont accuse you of being a cat racist. :lau He really is gorgeous & super sweet. The outlook for us doesn't look good. They say he's bonded with another cat there & they wont let one go without the other. We saw the card on the other cats cage that said they were bonded, so we took them out together. Male Kat hated the female he was supposedly 'bonded' to. He would growl at her whenever she'd walk by & she ignored him completely. I've been texting the woman in charge & actually talked to her today, trying to convince her that they didn't seem bonded at all, but she refuses to adopt them out separately. :he
Ugh. Idiots:barnie

Ugh. Idiots:barnie

Its really frustrating! I'm ALL about bonded animals staying together & if I felt they really were, we'd make room. He is full on growling at her & she ignores him completely. The woman claims they're just stressed & its like siblings fighting. IDK, she might be right but it sure doesn't seem or feel like it.

Its really frustrating! I'm ALL about bonded animals staying together & if I felt they really were, we'd make room. He is full on growling at her & she ignores him completely. The woman claims they're just stressed & its like siblings fighting. IDK, she might be right but it sure doesn't seem or feel like it.

Nope, that's not bonded... true bonded will squabble, but it's just poking occasionally and b*tching each other out... if they are separated, even when they're irritated with each other, it's all out screamfest... no matter the species...

YAY! He's in the house!!! :wee Lisa you are such a good mom!!! :hugsFingers crossed for the sweet boy! :fl:fl:fl
Thank you room! :hugs
Just fed him. My first time tube feeding and our dear K was on speaker phone and Charity helped and it all went great! Well, I panicked a bit but k calmed me down and then it all went great. Baby did fantastic and I couldn't have done it without Charity and K!
Thank you all for the encouragement and support! I love you guys! :hugs

Last edited:
Thank you room! :hugs
Just fed him. My first time tube feeding and our dear k was on speaker phone and Charity helped and it all went great! Well, I panicked a bit but k calmed me down and then it all went great. Baby did fantastic and I couldn't have done it without Charity and k!
Thank you all for the encouragement and support! I love you guys! :hugs

:yesss:

Now hopefully he starts to do better :fl

Back
Top Bottom