Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Love the little black and grey chipmunk! Gorgeous babies. Nice hatch, especially with a power outage. Congrats!

Last edited:
24 Apollo babies...

Last one to hatch has huge double tufts...

Set 34 or 35 eggs... had 1 or 2 clears, think 3 bloodrings... a late quitter... 29 went into lockdown... 2 DIS... 3 internal pipped and drowned due to lots of excess fluid, humidity was 40% the entire incubation... even 2 dozen hatched, a couple double tufts, a few single tufts/uneven tufts and *maybe* 1 has a tail, all the rest are rumpless... :)
Overall, sounds like a great hatch! Nice job.

Heat mighta been what affected my Call eggs... just weird the OEGB's were fine... :/
Had a full bachelor pen, lol... dunno, didn't stay... the relief on the food bill is good enough right now...

Oh! And I go tomorrow morning to trade 2 of my bronze turkey toms for 2 bronze girls... :D

Could be the heat. I'll check some of the new LO eggs. Not getting as many now either and the color is getting much lighter. :/

Good deal on the turkeys!

Clara is still sitting tight on 6. Day 12-13 I think. I'll try to check them tomorrow evening, but she's doing great. My little trio will be moving outside tomorrow too. :)

Awesome  :ya .

Thanks... :hugs

Sorry about your pullet... I lost my only Legbar cockerel... guess I won't have any more pure Legbars... :/

That's great! You gonna stick with the Greek mythology names? What all colors are you expecting?

I dunno on the names, that was Lisa's thing... but might... this is just the first phase, and some of these were from hens I didn't keep... colors will be a mishmash for a while, going to work on linebreeding back to Apollo until I get a clean line of blacks...

Many birds there today when you were there ?

Nope, not many at all... there are a bunch od people waiting for it to cool down before they bring in their 100's...

Love the little black and great chipmunk! Gorgeous babies. Nice hatch, especially with a power outage. Congrats!

I like that one too... think it's White Girls baby, Walnut has her now... hatch worked out great... they just kept popping out, lol... like Apollo was gonna let a little power outage stop him! :gig

Overall, sounds like a great hatch! Nice job.

That's what happens when you finally get a great cock! :lau

Could be the heat. I'll check some of the new LO eggs. Not getting as many now either and the color is getting much lighter. :/

Good deal on the turkeys!

Clara is still sitting tight on 6. Day 12-13 I think. I'll try to check them tomorrow evening, but she's doing great. My little trio will be moving outside tomorrow too. :)

They all laid in the storm aftermath muck today... :sick

Will set you up good in Spring! :thumbsup

Have fun tomorrow and good luck!

Thanks...
hugs.gif

Sorry about your pullet... I lost my only Legbar cockerel... guess I won't have any more pure Legbars...
hmm.png

I dunno on the names, that was Lisa's thing... but might... this is just the first phase, and some of these were from hens I didn't keep... colors will be a mishmash for a while, going to work on linebreeding back to Apollo until I get a clean line of blacks...
Nope, not many at all... there are a bunch od people waiting for it to cool down before they bring in their 100's...
I like that one too... think it's White Girls baby, Walnut has her now... hatch worked out great... they just kept popping out, lol... like Apollo was gonna let a little power outage stop him!
gig.gif
I got the pair and am setting every egg I get bound to come up with a extra sooner or later . I liked the little pullet at least I think she was a cross .To dark not to be . Ben wants to go to bed guess I better get his books and movie so he don't drag me off the chair .

I got the pair and am setting every egg I get bound to come up with a extra sooner or later . I liked the little pullet at least I think she was a cross .To dark not to be . Ben wants to go to bed guess I better get his books and movie so he don't drag me off the chair .

No hurry, it just irritated me cuz I hatched tons of boys but none were as good as their dad... broody finally hatched a single boy after I sold the others off and he was following his dad's footsteps... perfect comb, type and all... :/ that's how it goes, lol...

Get Ben to bed... :)

Back
Top Bottom