Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Lookie what I got today!

View attachment 1708114 View attachment 1708115 View attachment 1708116 View attachment 1708117 View attachment 1708118

They're all brahma chicks :) Got lucky and won them in a raffle. I got 16 total, 4 gold laced, 4 buff laced, 4 light, 1 lavender, and 3 that are actually the same color as I've been working on creating myself. The breeder is calling them by the wrong name, though, 'lavender columbia'. The color is actually called Coronation. So, 3 coronation to add to my coronation project.

:love

Yoir pigeons fascinate me

Can you show us pictures of the Coronation color?

Can't wait to see those chicks grown.

I could imagine you with some pigeons. You should get some! The boys would love them. They are fairly cheap and easy to keep, and there are a few meat breeds too!

My small flock is especially low right now. I've lost 2 girls in the last 2 months or so & when I count them at night I keep thinking someones missing. Every night I count 1,2,3,4,5,6 & a giant rooster... Wait, is that right? One, two, three, four, five, six & a giant rooster... Wait Oooooone, twwwwwwo, threeeeeee, foooooour, fiiiiiive, siiiiiiiiix and a giant rooster. I feel like an idiot.

:hugs

Twin bucks born last night. First time mom. She had them out in the field while we were gone, cleaned them up, Fed them and tucked them away then wandered into the garden to eat :rolleyes: we were out there at 1 am trying to find those suckers. :th Dad and my brother found them this morning. :gig They’re up and walking and bouncing and being happy little babies.
AAD2186A-1F6A-4E54-9DBE-B798DBBF2900.jpeg
70D22657-C41C-4136-BD68-8BFFD197967B.jpeg
B731A3E6-298D-4E57-BAD6-97537C15FDB0.jpeg
7E5D2494-6363-47F0-9929-35E83CF0D97C.jpeg
0AC0CCCE-3387-4D07-B4A5-0954E61B2774.jpeg

Twin bucks born last night. First time mom. She had them out in the field while we were gone, cleaned them up, Fed them and tucked them away then wandered into the garden to eat :rolleyes: we were out there at 1 am trying to find those suckers. :th Dad and my brother found them this morning. :gig They’re up and walking and bouncing and being happy little babies.
View attachment 1708230 View attachment 1708231 View attachment 1708232 View attachment 1708234 View attachment 1708235
Silly. Goats.

Good looking kids

...and more good news today! :gig
Its still in the works but Its lookin like Natalie, Shaw and their DHs will be coming for a wkend camping visit at the Dome in June! :celebrate:celebrate
:wee:wee

:thumbsup

Y'know, the shifts work every other weekend (and, even now, when I'm not on a set shift yet, I've only worked every other...)... Though I may not know until June which weekends I'm working for sure--I'm only scheduled up to the 23rd this month, which I pointed out to the JA yesterday. And you all will likely prefer to have a weekend picked out before then:hmm

Similar here this wk... supposed to have a few nights in the upper 30s and a few days in the upper 60s.. it was 39 in the dome when I woke up at 2 this morning, I climbed back into bed undrr my heat blanket:D.... Dh fired up the stove when he came in from work this morning around 8.. its was down right chilly till then..

I guess I shouldn't complain about the training facility for the class today only being 53 degrees inside...

Back
Top Bottom