Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hey! Maybe I’ll have a spare pair to bring you in June. :lau :oops:
:D i would LOVE that! Shhh, dont tell dh..:gig
:lau yea well i do feel for him and i tryn give him some understanding but the aunt is working hard, cant let the bad behavior continue. Im just lending a hand.

:clap not such cute hatchlings :lol: glad theyre thriving tho! They be beautiful one day :love
That boy is in good hands with you! :love
Congratulations! They are absolutely bizarre looking! :eek: I hope you know I mean no offense when I say this one looks even weirder than the first two. Maybe this one will grow into the most beautiful of them all.

WELCOME HOME SOUR!!! :weeWe pretty much shut BYC down while you were gone... Way too boring without you.

The 'catio' is still being built, but its on hold as DH is doing his Civic Duty today (Hopefully only today.) Its been a tough project & I don't know why. It should've been easier & quicker than it has been. I'm pretty sure Cap could've whipped this out in her sleep.
You'll get it done! :hugs
Lookie what I got today!

View attachment 1708114 View attachment 1708115 View attachment 1708116 View attachment 1708117 View attachment 1708118

They're all brahma chicks :) Got lucky and won them in a raffle. I got 16 total, 4 gold laced, 4 buff laced, 4 light, 1 lavender, and 3 that are actually the same color as I've been working on creating myself. The breeder is calling them by the wrong name, though, 'lavender columbia'. The color is actually called Coronation. So, 3 coronation to add to my coronation project.
:love:love
My small flock is especially low right now. I've lost 2 girls in the last 2 months or so & when I count them at night I keep thinking someones missing. Every night I count 1,2,3,4,5,6 & a giant rooster... Wait, is that right? One, two, three, four, five, six & a giant rooster... Wait Oooooone, twwwwwwo, threeeeeee, foooooour, fiiiiiive, siiiiiiiiix and a giant rooster. I feel like an idiot.
:hugs:hugs
Twin bucks born last night. First time mom. She had them out in the field while we were gone, cleaned them up, Fed them and tucked them away then wandered into the garden to eat :rolleyes: we were out there at 1 am trying to find those suckers. :th Dad and my brother found them this morning. :gig They’re up and walking and bouncing and being happy little babies.
View attachment 1708230 View attachment 1708231 View attachment 1708232 View attachment 1708234 View attachment 1708235
Lovely babies! :love
Im glad y'all found em! :clap
View attachment 1708552 View attachment 1708553 View attachment 1708554

The tiny cream colored egg is from one of my 3/4 brown Leghorn 1/4 RIR pullets. It’s her first egg!
View attachment 1708555
:love:love
:thumbsup

Y'know, the shifts work every other weekend (and, even now, when I'm not on a set shift yet, I've only worked every other...)... Though I may not know until June which weekends I'm working for sure--I'm only scheduled up to the 23rd this month, which I pointed out to the JA yesterday. And you all will likely prefer to have a weekend picked out before then:hmm

I guess I shouldn't complain about the training facility for the class today only being 53 degrees inside...
We haven't decided on a date yet but I think its gonna be early June.. I'll let ya know...:)
Beautiful kids and eggs Dan!

Good morning Pondies. Have a great day.
View attachment 1708953
Love it! :clap

Good morning Pond Peeps :frow

Twin bucks born last night. First time mom. She had them out in the field while we were gone, cleaned them up, Fed them and tucked them away then wandered into the garden to eat :rolleyes: we were out there at 1 am trying to find those suckers. :th Dad and my brother found them this morning. :gig They’re up and walking and bouncing and being happy little babies.
View attachment 1708230 View attachment 1708231 View attachment 1708232 View attachment 1708234 View attachment 1708235
Aaaww what a good momma.... some where I have a picture of a Big water tub filled with Kids Tucked away by their mommas who were out grazing. Three pairs of twins....

My cousins used to raise goats.

deb

Just wish I had some darker eggs.

I hear ya! My favorite are the minty greens & the blues, but I'd love to have dark reds & olive greens. My one Welsummer used to lay a very disappointing shade of medium brown egg & hers always had pigment inside. No big for us, but I felt weird giving hers away.

Do you guys ever wake up with 3 dogs crammed against you in bed & a cat laying ON TOP of you & think, "Things are really starting to get outta hand." :rolleyes:
No.:frow
I don't like cats and I wouldn't let dogs in the house...................now chickens, well that's different.:p

Back
Top Bottom